Uber Drivers Forum banner

Insurance options for full timers and regulation question.

2K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Harry70 
#1 ·
Are the new regulations for toronto only?

Also what options are there for insurance for full timers? If commercial insurance is the only option what would that cost?

#7 ·
So basically we need to move our insurance to Blair or intact or viva and uber will take care of the rideshare insurance?? If that's true that's good news for me . But my question is do we have a full time insurance available or only 20 hours.?

#10 ·
Remember Alberta only covers one million liability on driver and two on third parties, Ontario is asking for two million for driver and five on third party. It remains to be seen who is paying this extra insurance, uber or you. Your insurance may be very different than Alberta but I suspect Uber will pay the Five million and driver will pay for his portion himself.

#23 ·
Whats the difference between what Uber's supposed $5 million policy is now compared to what they're getting with Intact? Drivers still need to go through their own insurance company first and if denied coverage then Intact will get involved. I dont think the regulators will allow us to drive without letting our insurance companies know about our ubering and we'll need to show proof that we have the rideshare endorsement on our personal policies. Am I right or wrong?

#26 ·
I doubt they were sitting on it. They were probably in negotiations with Intact regarding price.

This was BIG news for Intact insurance, and I'm sure they wanted to get the information out there ASAP. So as soon as the deal was done they could go to the media and start to advertise their position as a progressive insurer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.