Insurance options for full timers and regulation question.

Nick wild

Are the new regulations for toronto only?

Also what options are there for insurance for full timers? If commercial insurance is the only option what would that cost?

Gill002

Here's the situation

If what got approved in Alberta gets approved here, you have nothing to worry about, nothing changes at all. Everyone can drive anytime they want. Just your car has to be 2009+ simple.
There will be no cost for you as a driver for the insurance, but you will have to switch your company to bel air direct or intact.

Karem

No this the premium for insurance without Rideshare endorsement as Uber will pay for it.
So basically we need to move our insurance to Blair or intact or viva and uber will take care of the rideshare insurance?? If that's true that's good news for me . But my question is do we have a full time insurance available or only 20 hours.?

Andy3131

You have to move to Intact or its subsidiary Belair probably. I don't think there will be a 20 hours limit with Intact. You can also pay for ridesharing insurance with Aviva. The max is 20 hours.

Karem

You have to move to Intact or its subsidiary Belair probably. I don't think there will be a 20 hours limit with Intact. You can also pay for ridesharing insurance with Aviva. The max is 20 hours.
How much penalty I have to pay for my current provider for switching early. I just renewed 3 months ago?

ladydriven

Remember Alberta only covers one million liability on driver and two on third parties, Ontario is asking for two million for driver and five on third party. It remains to be seen who is paying this extra insurance, uber or you. Your insurance may be very different than Alberta but I suspect Uber will pay the Five million and driver will pay for his portion himself.

Andy3131

The five million portion has to be covering the tfc, the 2M has to cover the driver for its liability.

Andy3131

How much penalty I have to pay for my current provider for switching early. I just renewed 3 months ago?
Usually, short tame cancellation penalty is around 5-10%. More you cancel at the begining, more will be your penalty or tell them you are doing Uber like I did. They accepted to cancel with no penalty the same day.

Karem

Usually, short tame cancellation penalty is around 5-10%. More you cancel at the begining, more will be your penalty or tell them you are doing Uber like I did. They accepted to cancel with no penalty the same day.
Thanks for the info. Shall I wait till the picture get clearer by July 15 or might as well switch now?

pedro_pendukot

So presently, you already have a ride share insurance limited to 20 hours a week? How much are you paying monthly?

Aldagr8

$225/month.
Is that just Full Auto insurance coverage without the Ride share? or including the Ride share?

If it's including Ride share then its pretty cheap as a buddy of mine was quoted another 200 bucks for 20 hr ride share over the full coverage cost.