Inshur

INSURANCE LIST UPDATE 2019

deesto

This is a handy spreadsheet with the initial @Cabbie2B 2017/18 information, as well as from other kind posters, all compiled in alphabetical order for a comprehensive list. I will check and verify most phone numbers/web sites from now until my renewal date (at the end of Apr), as I have to ring them for myself.

It's a Google sheets view-only write-protected - yet any feedback or anything that you want to add, or that is posted informationally wrong, then do feel free to make a comment there. Add those comments in the Google Sheet itself (on the actual spreadsheet, not in this thread!). This is so I can quickly amend it for all of you, please - but also, so it will be easier to keep it updated for next year in 2020.

However, feel free to add in this thread below your NEW brokers/insurers finds that are NOT on that list already.

I hope it helps anyone in need! (Special credit goes to @Cabbie2B whom has always helped us in these past 3 last years to compile this!)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IEYgOOA6_epsi_hEZyAltAYIW1eu7KGfvAGjw9utrn0/edit?usp=sharing

Many Thanks for all your input, and good luck chasing a good deal!

Last edited:

Cabbie2B

This is a handy spreadsheet with the initial @Cabbie2B 2017/18 information, as well as from other kind posters, all compiled in alphabetical order for a comprehensive list. I will check and verify most phone numbers/web sites from now until my renewal date (at the end of Apr), as I have to ring them for myself.

It's a Google sheets view-only write-protected - yet any feedback or anything that you want to add, or that is posted informationally wrong, then do feel free to make a comment there. Add those comments in the Google Sheet itself (on the actual spreadsheet, not in this thread!). This is so I can quickly amend it for all of you, please - but also, so it will be easier to keep it updated for next year in 2020.

However, feel free to add in this thread below your NEW brokers/insurers finds that are NOT on that list already.

I hope it helps anyone in need! (Special credit goes to @Cabbie2B whom has always helped us in these past 3 last years to compile this!)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IEYgOOA6_epsi_hEZyAltAYIW1eu7KGfvAGjw9utrn0/edit?usp=sharing

Many Thanks for all your input, and good luck chasing a good deal!
Thank you very much mate.

I was looking into new update but all of them are there already.

inshurWhiz

Sponsor
Hi! Please may INSHUR be added to this list? We are a 100% digital provider of PHV insurance operating through an app available on Apple and Android. The INSHUR app is a fast and simple way to get a quote, to purchase and service an insurance policy via your mobile. Our website is www.inshur.com/uk and we insure private hire drivers aged 23+. Let us know if you would like any more details.

Cabbie2B

Hi! Please may INSHUR be added to this list? We are a 100% digital provider of PHV insurance operating through an app available on Apple and Android. The INSHUR app is a fast and simple way to get a quote, to purchase and service an insurance policy via your mobile. Our website is www.inshur.com/uk and we insure private hire drivers aged 23+. Let us know if you would like any more details.
Sure. No probs.
Post automatically merged:

Phone number would be great if you have it please.

inshurWhiz

Sponsor
Sure. No probs.

Phone number would be great if you have it please.
We have a helpline for customer enquiries that can be found through our app. For non-customers, any general enquiries can be directed to [email protected] and generally get responded to very quickly within office hours.

UberLuxbod

We have a helpline for customer enquiries that can be found through our app. For non-customers, any general enquiries can be directed to [email protected] and generally get responded to very quickly within office hours.
Out of interest I got a quote from you.

It was well over £3000.

Mainly because my maximum PH NCD is used on another car.

You are missing a trick here as many PH drivers have more than vehicle.

The second vehicle is a lower risk not higher as only one vehicle will be in use at a time.

inshurWhiz

Sponsor
Out of interest I got a quote from you.

It was well over £3000.

Mainly because my maximum PH NCD is used on another car.

You are missing a trick here as many PH drivers have more than vehicle.

The second vehicle is a lower risk not higher as only one vehicle will be in use at a time.
Hey! We offer policies for single drivers to be insured one particular car. As long as your NCD is for PH, you will be able to use it towards your policy.

It might be easier to speak to someone on the phone. If you head to the 'help' section inside our app, there is a phone number and someone will be waiting to help you.

UberLuxbod

Hey! We offer policies for single drivers to be insured one particular car. As long as your NCD is for PH, you will be able to use it towards your policy.

It might be easier to speak to someone on the phone. If you head to the 'help' section inside our app, there is a phone number and someone will be waiting to help you.
You can't use the same NCD on two policies.

Cabbie2B

You didn’t beat £1330.00......

inshurWhiz

Sponsor
You can't use the same NCD on two policies.
We agree that it would be beneficial. Unfortunately, it's not something the market can accommodate right now but it's definitely something we'll look into. With our policies, you cannot mirror NCD on a second vehicle. Some insurers allow this but unfortunately, we can't. However, each vehicle will earn it's own NCD.

You didn’t beat £1330.00......
Oh no! We're sorry, maybe next time...

Cabbie2B

Few new players.

If @deesto mate can please update spreadsheet that would be great as he did with Inshure.

ZEGO, https://www.zego.com/, no phone number

Insurance Choice Taxi insurance, https://www.insurancechoice.co.uk/, 01926 680 518

Insurance Revolution, https://www.insurancerevolution.co.uk/, 0330 808 1500

Complete Cover, https://www.completecovergroup.com/products/pco-insurance/, 0844 557 0229.

SWINTON, https://www.swinton.co.uk/taxi-insurance/private-hire-insurance/, 0808 291 4789

TRADEX INSURANCE GROUP, https://www.tradex.com/taxi-insurance/private-public-hire-mini-cab-insurance, 020 7480 6699

Thank you very much.

Also, if you guys can contribute with new brokers that you know of and are not on the list.

deesto

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Few new players.
Also, if you guys can contribute with new brokers that you know of and are not on the list.
Thanks so much! That's always a huge help to me (for my upcoming renewal), and to everyone else too. All these added now. Keep them coming if you know of any new ones.

Ps. I believe SWINTON = KABSURE, and
FARE COVER = COMPLETE COVER
(But happy to be corrected and to know if this is no longer the case)

Last edited:

Cabbie2B

Thanks so much! That's always a huge help to me (for my upcoming renewal), and to everyone else too. All these added now. Keep them coming if you know of any new ones.

Ps. I believe SWINTON = KABSURE, and
FARE COVER = COMPLETE COVER
(But happy to be corrected and to know if this is no longer the case)
Might be under one roof but possibly competing with each other.

Shane Sheikh

@inshurWhiz pool insurance. I used to be a car guy back in the day and there was an insurance company that used to pool together people from different car groups. If you were in a group called the boy racers or fiesta crew of whatever, you’d all pay the same price for insurance and if there was a claim you take the money out of that pool.

There are more then 50-70-80k Uber drivers. If the price is right, and everyone pays a low price, there would be enough money for claims and also create a group.

deesto

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, just to confirm that this list has had a MAJOR overhaul and its 2019-20 revision (now that I have been able to ring everyone up for my own purposes).

I'd stress to let me know ASAP of new insurers/brokers NOW, if you know of any more. Seeing that after I go ahead and renew, I won't have as much time to tinker this list for you (or at least, not as often as I have done this past week). No doubt, I will still correct the mistakes and make the necessary updates, if you let me know, however this will then be as of when I can (from here on out).

I can press to say that prices DO swing extremely WILD between quotations, so it really is THAT important to ring as many as you can (if not all)! To give you an idea: I tend to take 1-2 days off to do just this, because my quotes can swing between £300-£2000 annual difference (and is more than anyone can ever earn with UBER in 2 days)! So it is ALWAYS time well invested and it DOES truly pay off to ring everyone up.

Please DO post NEW insurers HERE (as opposed to on the comments on the spreadsheet) - or you can do both. This will keep this thread current and bouncing up to the top of the Forum, but also everyone will then be updated instantly (in case I can't update the sheet right away), so everyone will be able to ring up the new finds straight away.

Tweaks, corrections, typos, wrong phone numbers etc, on the spreadsheet itself, using the comments button :wink: - so I can mark them as resolved as we go along :smiles:

I hope that makes sense O:-)!

Once again, good luck obtaining your best price, and I hope this will help anyone in need of shopping insurers around :wink:!

PS. @inshurWhiz unfortunately #metoo you weren't able to obtain the cheapest quote this year.. in fact, you DO price it extremely HIGH compared to most others?! (Not a good selling point IMHO)

PSS. And in case you are wondering, there is nothing in it for me doing any of this, so it is just my way of showing gratefulness for all the help I ever received from using this forum, and all the tips and advice I have ever gotten from all of you (Please, bear that in mind).

Last edited:

inshurWhiz

Sponsor
Thanks @deesto and @Cabbie2B we appreciate our inclusion in the list AND the time you've put into it. One thing that might be helpful for drivers to know is which companies offer 'rated' insurance cover - in light of the collapse of Alpha Insurance last year - drivers need to know if their insurance company is secure.

We would like to offer to do an insurance market price challenge. Five drivers test 10 rated insurers and all the results like types of cover, speed, prices are added to a table and shared here.

Who would like to see that?

inshurWhiz

Sponsor
Nothing secure in this world. Rating would not pay our bills.
Rating is a illusion.
Honestly, this is just not true. Think of it like ATOL or ABTA for your holiday booking.

You are protected, when Alpha went bust last year 10,000 drivers were left without insurance immediately. If your insurance provider is a 'rated' company, your policy and money is protected.

We wrote about this last year. Here is a link to the article.

Please don't get caught out, ask your broker or insurer if they are rated, otherwise your ability to drive and income is at risk if the insurer goes bust.

Cabbie2B

Thanks @deesto and @Cabbie2B we appreciate our inclusion in the list AND the time you've put into it. One thing that might be helpful for drivers to know is which companies offer 'rated' insurance cover - in light of the collapse of Alpha Insurance last year - drivers need to know if their insurance company is secure.

We would like to offer to do an insurance market price challenge. Five drivers test 10 rated insurers and all the results like types of cover, speed, prices are added to a table and shared here.

Who would like to see that?
Fair point.
But we deal with brokers who sell policy to us and they deal with underwriters.

As you know some underwriters have policy being sold by different brokers with slightly twisted t&c.

What is ABTA and ATOL for tourist industry, FCA is (among other things) for Insurance industry and you need to sign up with them and follow their code of conduct.
Correct?

What if Clear Blue goes bust? What is ur back up then?
How you can tell and know if they will survive or go bust???

When Alpha went bust as I can remember brokers dealt with that coz mainly payment were made monthly to Close Brothers.

The only way you gonna stay in a game fellas is knock ur prices down.