Insurance for UBER

s331246

I used to use AAMi insurance, when I checked with them today and found out they don't cover UBER driver. When I checked on google, only four insurance companies cover UBER driver - RACQ, ALLIANZ, NRMA and BINGLE. Why UBER not let us know when we provide copy of insurance details to them?

NZShaker

I used to use AAMi insurance, when I checked with them today and found out they don't cover UBER driver. When I checked on google, only four insurance companies cover UBER driver - RACQ, ALLIANZ, NRMA and BINGLE. Why UBER not let us know when we provide copy of insurance details to them?

Because its up to you to make sure you have the correct insurance to cover yourslelf while driving your car. ..dont blame others for you not doing your checks for driving.

Golfer

What else hasn,t uber told you .????

Oh hang on that dosn,t make sense. Suffice to say uber is full of surprises,
As many new drivers, are about to find out some will be quite unpleasant

Last edited:

Bandy

Because its up to you to make sure you have the correct insurance to cover yourslelf while driving your car. ..dont blame others for you not doing your checks for driving.
He/She has a point.
Why does oober insist on drivers providing proof their vehicle has insurance to do oober with, and then accepting invalid insurance policies?
May as well not ask for proof in the 1st place if they are willing to accept 'nothing'...

Spursman

s331246

After you've uploaded your copy of your insurance you should ask for UBER'S master policy which covers the world for everything.

That's correct Hugh. When I signed up I asked to see the pds on oober policy. Got a blank look from the ubernaut (who probably wouldn't know a pds from an arsehole) who said "I'll have to get back to you on that." Several follow-up calls from me unsuccessful so got my own cover organised with nrma.