Insurance confusion...

EvilCuber

Anybody out there got a clear handle on where NZ Uber drivers stand wrt their insurance cover? Are people/you just getting their own commercial/Business Insurance policies and sucking up the cost? Or are you following the rather scant advice in the Uber support framework and relying on the Uber Insurance cover?

Personally I am a little disenchanted as I can't get anything in writing from Uber Central.

Any advice or thoughts very welcome.

I'm a very part-time driver and so not having to pay for commercial insurance premiums is an attractive proposition but only if I feel adequately covered

Kiwitrains

Anybody out there got a clear handle on where NZ Uber drivers stand wrt their insurance cover? Are people/you just getting their own commercial/Business Insurance policies and sucking up the cost? Or are you following the rather scant advice in the Uber support framework and relying on the Uber Insurance cover?

Personally I am a little disenchanted as I can't get anything in writing from Uber Central.

I'm a very part-time driver and so not having to pay for commercial insurance premiums is an attractive proposition but only if I feel adequately covered
Here in Oz most large insures will put ride sharing on your policy for a small increase in premium not sure if that will be the same in NZ

Instyle

If it's not in writing, it doesn't exist. Would you enter into a business contract on a verbal agreement?