Insurance Company for Ubereats

Pradeep Mehta

Hi All

I have recently joined ubereats and I just wanted to know the Insurance company which covers ubereats delivery model. I have checked with Insurance Council of Australia and I was advised to further check with SGIC/ RAA & Allianz.

I have checked with all three companies and none of them cover ubereats delivery model while issuing the car insurance. All these companies cover Uber X & Uber black for transferring people from location A to location B but they don't have any insurance plan for ubereats.

Can someone pls advice which company covers us so that I can also go ahead and get my car insurance issued.

Thank you.

Regards
Pradeep

Pradeep Mehta

Hi

I want to get my car insured. Since I am in my insurance cooling off period & I have to get the insurance renewed, I told the representative that I will use my car for ubereats for food delivery and they told me that they don't issue the car insurance for using my car for food delivery. They will not be going to process any claim if something happens to my car If I am using it for uber delivery at the time of the accident.

I wanted to raise the concern with the forum to seek clarity around this. Pls advice.

Regards
Pradeep

Reactions: AJI

Ben Hall

What exactly are you wanting to insure? Your car or the 'food'?

Are you serious? Of course its the food.

Hi All

I have recently joined ubereats and I just wanted to know the Insurance company which covers ubereats delivery model. I have checked with Insurance Council of Australia and I was advised to further check with SGIC/ RAA & Allianz.

I have checked with all three companies and none of them cover ubereats delivery model while issuing the car insurance. All these companies cover Uber X & Uber black for transferring people from location A to location B but they don't have any insurance plan for ubereats.

Can someone pls advice which company covers us so that I can also go ahead and get my car insurance issued.

Thank you.

Regards
Pradeep
call an insurance broker

imacie

I went through this process and i can tell you now you will not find anyone who will insure you if you do uber eats. Therefore all the drivers and motorbike riders out there doing it are operating without valid insurance which i think is actually against users policy but uber doesn't want to know about it.

mrm80

just wondering if anybody ever found out a way to get themselves covered in Uber. My location is Melbourne

Immoralized

for ubereats normal car insurance be fine. for rideshare get rideshare insurance.
you don't need your food that you are delivering to be covered in case of an accident. uber covers that automatically and just refunds the client.

mrm80

for ubereats normal car insurance be fine. for rideshare get rideshare insurance.
you don't need your food that you are delivering to be covered in case of an accident.

Based on what precedent? Clearly many insurance don't cover "use of car for commercial activities"

Immoralized

Based on what precedent? Clearly many insurance don't cover "use of car for commercial activities"
go get commercial insurance then same one courier drivers use. It cost $4000 a year.
you answered ur own questions if you feel you need commercial insurance get it.

most ubereat drivers got some 3rd party insurances and drive around in bombs. you'll be the first driver that get themselves commercial insurance for ubereats so congratulations.

mrm80

go get commercial insurance then same one courier drivers use. It cost $4000 a year.
you answered ur own questions if you feel you need commercial insurance get it.

well if you don't have an answer just keep quiet instead of guiding people wrongly.

If you don't like another person's opinion don't get agitated

end of the day if insurance company doesn't honor claim you aren't going to help, are you?

AJI

you don't need your food that you are delivering to be covered in case of an accident. uber covers that automatically and just refunds the client.
Normal insurance gets void if a person drives for UEats - info obtained from RAA

mrm80

I checked with AAMI and was able to insure myself as a courier/delivery for slightly more (about $8 per month) than ridesharing...i think every company provides decent insurance for less than $100 for delivery service...so not sure why all the old members of this group think otherwise

KITT

Checked with AAMI. They can include courier delivery in your policy but it was $300 dearer versus SGIC.

I went SGIC Adelaide office to confirm if my comprehensive insurance will cover me for part time Uber Eats. The staff said yes but if I am registered for GST that is different.