• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Insufficient Space on Device?

djohnnyg

I haven't driven for UBER for weeks ever since they screwed me over on that "guarantee" weekend. They sent me a text saying the guarantee was on again this weekend so I went ahead and opted in. No skin off my nose if I decide not to drive. Anyway, after I opted in I went to see if I could still log on and it wants me to "update" the app. I went to install the update and it is giving me the message "Insufficient Space on Device". I already had the original app installed but this is an update.

Does anybody know the secret to downloading this to update the app? Do I need to uninstall the Uber app and then re-install it?

I appreciate any response on this.

Thanks,

Dave.

JMBF831

It sounds like you need to remove stuff from your device so that you have more space? Try going to application manager and uninstalling applications you no longer use.

Casuale Haberdasher

I haven't driven for UBER for weeks ever since they screwed me over on that "guarantee" weekend. They sent me a text saying the guarantee was on again this weekend so I went ahead and opted in. No skin off my nose if I decide not to drive. Anyway, after I opted in I went to see if I could still log on and it wants me to "update" the app. I went to install the update and it is giving me the message "Insufficient Space on Device". I already had the original app installed but this is an update.

Does anybody know the secret to downloading this to update the app? Do I need to uninstall the Uber app and then re-install it?

Thanks,

Dave.
POST # 1/djohnnyg: D O N O T be sur-
prised if "The #[F]Uber"
considers Your "Time Out" as having
breached Contract and The Update
having reconfigured the Software
Licensing Fee to 25--30%, or the
Punitive Sliding Scale that requires
30 to 40 Jobs/week to reach 20%.

That's Just So #[F]Uber ! :confused:
Mentoring Bison: :mad:

Michael - Cleveland

Thanks,

Dave.
It has nothing to do with the app... it has to do with the phone.
I get that all the time with one of my cheap 'china' android phones.
It isn't handling rom space on the device properly.
The only way I can get around it is to UnInstall a bunch of other apps - or do a factory reset on the phone.