1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Instaryde?

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by Weekend Warrior, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Looks like there's a new kid on the block. Anyone have any info? Looks like their pricing model is slightly less than Uber', with no surge pricing. I couldn't find any information on driver compensation, but apparently you can work both at the same time.

http://instaryde.com

2. djino

djino

A Tip option in the app is also there as well. :)

3. No rates, no FAQ, so far looks like a joke.

PoorBasterd likes this.
  4. djino

djino

There are rates posted which pretty much mimic Uber rates -> http://instaryde.com/pricing/ . Just no commission posted on what percentage they keep.

Someone in Toronto with knowledge is telling me it's 17.5% . Automatic $35/hr commission free guarantees from Thursday to Sunday from 10 pm to 3am

And that they go live in Toronto tonight.

Djino

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    Jonathan Reid likes this.
  5. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    "$35 commission free" means $35 NET?

6. djino

djino

Yes, according to what I was told b a Toronto contact. I have no way to verify its accuracy though.

djino

7. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It's worth a shot for $700 clear (pre-expenses) for 4 night's work.

8. Myxx

Myxx

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  9. kwzombie

kwzombie

...wonder what they have for insurance...

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  10. Noobler

Noobler

Im signed up as a Driver for them, they are legit.

GUARANTEED HOURLY PAY+BONUS (All conditions must be met): This is valid from 8pm EST- SEPT 10th till 8pm EST- SEPT 13th. We will be having other specials after that. (please look at the map we have attached)

Here are the details:

8pm-5am> $35/hr fixed pay.

5am-4pm> $25/hr fixed pay

4pm-8pm> $30/hr fixed pay

FOR EACH 6 hours you drive consecutively, you will receive a $35 BONUS!

FOR EACH 8 hours you drive consecutively, you will receive a $50 BONUS!

Conditions:
    1. Must have acceptance ratio of 80% or higher.
    2. Must work minimum 3 hours CONSECUTIVELY. EXAMPLE; 1-4pm= 3 HOURS
    3. Must be ONLINE in driver mode for 45 minutes of EACH hour.
    4. CANNOT work with any other ride-sharing service. We may ask for verification.
    5. MUST stay in driver mode in the zone pointed out on the map. The map is attached. IF you have to drop passengers outside OR have a ryde request from outside the area- THAT IS OK. DO NOT WORRY. PICK UP THE PASSENGER.

Im looking into wether they have a one ride per hour requirement as well.

KHITAM likes this.
  11. TomP

TomP

Did you ask about insurance?

While I would like to see a Toronto company that would provide competition to Uber, I am surprised at this company’s approach. I see no mention of insurance provided by InstaRyde on their website and yet insurance must surely be a concern of many driverrs and passengers. InstaRyde rates seem to match Uber’s UberX rates except that their safely fee is 50¢ less that Uber’s safe ride fee. I would expect that to draw customers away from Uber they would have to compete more on price (and Uber would then at least price match and might drop its percentage take to retain drivers). Any company competing with Uber in the same TNC space would have to have deep enough pockets to afford losses for a period of time. While they may draw drivers with guarantees, they have to have the riders for those drivers.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    djino likes this.
  12. Well, on the opposite, they say:
    http://instaryde.com/your-safety/

Driver must carry valid Driver's Insurance Documentation that meets provincial requirements in their vehicle at all times.

Meaning it's no different from Uber. In fact, may be worse.

djino and TomP like this.
  13. kwzombie

kwzombie

If they aren't saying anything it's probably worse, meaning your passenger is screwed also. Or they are playing dumb and expecting you to have livery coverage.

djino and TomP like this.
  14. Myxx

Myxx

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Will they absorb any by-law fines that I incur??

15. teamkart

teamkart

I signed up as a driver with them but when it comes to insurance its buyer beware. In their agreement they are holding the driver liable for any and all injuries to the passenger and the public.

TomP and djino like this.
  16. djino

djino

LOL! Worse than Uber :)

Nah thanks. I'm not driving for them.

djino

17. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    There is a bunch of us signed up on this. Right now the app shows one driver online.

Also the Black cars are the same price as the equivalent X cars. So no one will order the X cars (Or very few) Some people have been online the whole night and not a single ping. Just collecting the money.

Insurance and By Law officers are not an issue if you are neither doing rides and for By law you are a ghost.

That could change but for early adopters this could be a win fall.

18. teamkart

teamkart

Bylaw or insurance won't be an issue if you're not doing any rides. I will try them out for a few hours and see if they actually pay.

djino likes this.
  19. TomP

TomP

Is it ethical to take money for being available to drive when you have no intention of driving?

And for those that drive a little in the hope of windfall earnings from InstaRyde guarantees, is it worth the risk of losing everything in an accident that's not covered by your insurance?

djino likes this.
  20. teamkart

teamkart

Whether it's ethical or not, it's offered to you as a driver so why not go for it.

We know the risks going into this uber or any other rideshare service that enters the market, it's up to you the individual to decide whether the rewards outweigh the risks