InstaRyde - dillusions of grandeur

Ziggy

While I haven't started driving for InstaRyde ... I did have a chance to look at their Driver Agreement; and one alarming observation ... apparently, InstaRyde takes a percentage of the tips. "In exchange for accepting and fully performing on a Request, you shall be paid 82.5% or 87.5% of the fare (including tip) received from the Passenger ('Service Fee') for Platinum and PlatiumXL Rides and Ryde or RydeXL rides, respectively. Instaryde will calculate the Passenger Fee when the trip has been completed. Instaryde will also charge the Passenger a safety fee, which shall not form part of the Service Fee. Instaryde will receive 17.5% or 12.5% of the fare (including tip) received and the safety fee for providing access to the Application and the lead generation service. " all I have to say is WTF?

According to FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act) tips are the property of the employee; and while drivers are not employees, per se, arguably it's the expectation of the pax that the tip is going to the driver. source = https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs15.htm

Granted InstaRyde is a Canadian company so maybe they do things differently there; however, according to this UP post they aren't even paying Canadian drivers on time - https://uberpeople.net/threads/instaryde-are-theives.83785/

Thanks, but no thanks; I have a hard enough time chasing down GetMe to get paid on time; and they are a local Austin company.

One more note ... the driver agreement above states Platinum & PlatinumXL rides; however, there is no pricing for either service on their website - http://instaryde.com/pricing/ ... in the software world we call this "vaporware".

Ziggy's vote = NFM

Lnsky

While I haven't started driving for InstaRyde ... I did have a chance to look at their Driver Agreement; and one alarming observation ... apparently, InstaRyde takes a percentage of the tips. "In exchange for accepting and fully performing on a Request, you shall be paid 82.5% or 87.5% of the fare (including tip) received from the Passenger ('Service Fee') for Platinum and PlatiumXL Rides and Ryde or RydeXL rides, respectively. Instaryde will calculate the Passenger Fee when the trip has been completed. Instaryde will also charge the Passenger a safety fee, which shall not form part of the Service Fee. Instaryde will receive 17.5% or 12.5% of the fare (including tip) received and the safety fee for providing access to the Application and the lead generation service. " all I have to say is WTF?

According to FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act) tips are the property of the employee; and while drivers are not employees, per se, arguably it's the expectation of the pax that the tip is going to the driver. source = https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs15.htm

Granted InstaRyde is a Canadian company so maybe they do things differently there; however, according to this UP post they aren't even paying Canadian drivers on time - https://uberpeople.net/threads/instaryde-are-theives.83785/

Thanks, but no thanks; I have a hard enough time chasing down GetMe to get paid on time; and they are a local Austin company.

One more note ... the driver agreement above states Platinum & PlatinumXL rides; however, there is no pricing for either service on their website - http://instaryde.com/pricing/ ... in the software world we call this "vaporware".

Ziggy's vote = NFM
Jesus who the F is their lawyer, did they even hire one or just use legal zoom? Once again, as Uber never gets tired of learning, they are screwed on both ends. Passengers can sue who tip can so as can drivers.

I loved it when Uber got into it over their safe rider fee. I specifically remember them telling us it was to pay for the costs of due to the city which wasn't true not was it to cover anything to do with safe riding as the courts ruled. Why their lawyers didn't catch this I don't know.

Ziggy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I loved it when Uber got into it over their safe rider fee. I specifically remember them telling us it was to pay for the costs of due to the city which wasn't true not was it to cover anything to do with safe riding as the courts ruled.
I've seen at least 2 or 3 new apps that charge the "Safe Ride Fee" and actually call it "Safe Ride Fee" in the app ... idiots, I guess they don't read the news either.

Uber-sux

Do they give the passenger a choice for an unsafe ride? I never understood that fee. What they should have done was allow each driver to use a portion of that for maintenance instead of trying to hose everybody

iansltx

Used Instaryde as a pax Friday evening. Short (~2 mile) ride. Destination search in GMaps hung the entire app, so I just told the driver where to go. Got a "driver is there" notification way in advance of when he actually arrived, though the counter started ticking at the proper point...not sure what was going on there.

Payment "failed" multiple times, but apparently went through because I got a few refunds the next day (obviously manual).

Now that my $5 intro credit is used, and given that their rates and ETAs are somewhere between Fare and Fasten, probably won't fool with it again.

For what it's worth, premium ride options (both standard and SUV) show up in-app. I'll post pricing here if the app mentions it...phone's charging at the moment.

Ziggy

Was offered a trip last night that was 15 mins away; but was unclear if it was a PlatinumXL trip or Standard Car or anything in between. I'm not gonna drive 15 mins for anything less than Platinum (either Car or XL). The other thing that concerns me is the fact that InstaRyde takes a % of my tip, the commission is ambiguous ... and Toronto drivers aren't getting paid regularly.

BTW ... I didn't see a destination on the trip last night; either the pax didn't enter it or IR doesn't show it ... another reason not to deadhead for 15 mins

Ziggy

Just got an email from InstaRyde ... seems like all Black (Platinum) Car & XL drivers are required to accept Standard/Economy/X rides. Well, that seals the deal ... I just removed the app from my phone. Not going to p/u X in $60K Lux SUV ... not gonna happen. Granted, I have p/u some X rides on Fasten, but that was my choice when it was to my advantage.

However, I'm not gonna have a company tell me that I have to accept X rides on Lux SUV ... doesn't matter if it's InstaRyde, Uber, Lyft or any other company ... not gonna happen. *that's kind of like telling a person with a LearJet 85 that he has to take Southwest discount $69 pax on his $21M LearJet; or that Ruths' Chris needs to serve filet mignon to people standing in the Taco Bell line ... not gonna happen

If you want to ride with me for less than Lux SUV rates, then ping me when I'm in Driftwood at 1AM long after the Salt Lick has closed. Or catch me in Horseshoe Bay on a Wednesday afternoon

Ziggy

my app has been online for 48 hours ... just got my 1st ping ... of course it was for Ryde (economy) ... err, no thanks. Signing off.

IR_JS

my app has been online for 48 hours ... just got my 1st ping ... of course it was for Ryde (economy) ... err, no thanks. Signing off.

Get in touch with me over PM. Id love to discuss a few things going on with your experiences with instaryde.

Uberchampion

Ziggy's vote = NFM
Lol....don't be fooled by their breakdown of commission. They take 100% of the fare like they did in Toronto. They never paid their drivers! Instaryde cut out and ran to Austin to rip off y'all

IR_JS

Lol....don't be fooled by their breakdown of commission. They take 100% of the fare like they did in Toronto. They never paid their drivers! Instaryde cut out and ran to Austin to rip off y'all

You fall into one of two categorys.

1. Driver
2. Non driver

Im not writing this to start some flame war with drivers, im writing you because what you are saying is an absolute false statement, we do not take 100% and never have. I deal with these financial reports daily for the company
If you are a driver in toronto I would love to speak with you to discus any concerns you may be having.

My name is Joshua S. and I was brought on with the company with the Austin Expansion. If you are a driver contact me through the driver support email and if you are not please PM me here.

Joshua S.
Instaryde.

Uberchampion

You fall into one of two categorys.

1. Driver
2. Non driver

Im not writing this to start some flame war with drivers, im writing you because what you are saying is an absolute false statement, we do not take 100% and never have. I deal with these financial reports daily for the company
If you are a driver in toronto I would love to speak with you to discus any concerns you may be having.

My name is Joshua S. and I was brought on with the company with the Austin Expansion. If you are a driver contact me through the driver support email and if you are not please PM me here.

Joshua S.
Instaryde.
Why don't you start a post in the Toronto forum too. I was not paid for my first two rides because they were for riders who used stolen credit cards.

I still fail to see how the pings your company sent me to randomly were my fault and you didn't pay. As you are very aware you are no longer in the Toronto market so pleas3 stop this bullshit about contact you through the App.

Drivers - search instaryde through the forums and see what's really up with this company.