Instacart in a $80,000 Tesla

I know a guy like this: retired with a six-car garage filled with several nice cars, doesn’t GAF which kids & grandkids fight over them when he’s dead. He enjoys “tooling” around while driving them, feels more productive than “golfing & fishing” and gives him “quiet time” away from wife & noisy grandkids.
“Whateva floats yer boat!” 🤷‍♂️

Mash Ghasem

I don't understand why in soooo many threads, everybody is always up in arms and cringing every time a fancy car is seen being used for rideshare/delivery. Doesn't necessarily mean the fancy car was bought for the purpose of doing rideshare/delivery.
There are more explanations that are not cringe-worthy.

Invisible

I don't understand why in soooo many threads, everybody is always up in arms and cringing every time a fancy car is seen being used for rideshare/delivery. Doesn't necessarily mean the fancy car was bought for the purpose of doing rideshare/delivery.
There are more explanations that are not cringe-worthy.
For me, it’s curiosity of why someone with a very pricey car, would bother doing delivery or R/S now because the pay isn’t what it once was.

I did delivey for years, and while it’s not as many miles on a car as pax, there’s still a lot of wear n’ tear and a lot of stop and go, which is still tough on a car.

Mash Ghasem

For me, it’s curiosity of why someone with a very pricey car, would bother doing delivery or R/S now because the pay isn’t what it once was.

I did delivey for years, and while it’s not as many miles on a car as pax, there’s still a lot of wear n’ tear and a lot of stop and go, which is still tough on a car.
Sure, curiosity is one thing... but the majority of the response is quite dramatic, if not offensive.

Kewl-driver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just recently traded in my 2004 Civic with 300,000 miles for a 2018 CPO Civic hatch and I’m already afraid to but too many miles on it I’m looking for a used beater just for Door Dash. But damn dude dose not care putting miles on the Tesla.

Last edited: