Insane surge in Carson

Ketofats

whenever stuff like that happens, my mentality is that it's a gimmick unless you are very lucky or willing to cancel all of your other requests.

if it's like really late at night when everyone is drunk then i might believe that surge but i'm not going to chase it at all. In fact a lot of people are smart enough to try and get something on lyft so i'm just better off focusing myself on keeping my ride count high, over 100 every week will be my goal.

Lord Summerisle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
whenever stuff like that happens, my mentality is that it's a gimmick unless you are very lucky or willing to cancel all of your other requests.

if it's like really late at night when everyone is drunk then i might believe that surge but i'm not going to chase it at all. In fact a lot of people are smart enough to try and get something on lyft so i'm just better off focusing myself on keeping my ride count high, over 100 every week will be my goal.
Especially now they can see the price upfront. I mean, how much Jack Daniels do you need to have drunk to still go ahead and order the ride?

rudygti

just bc u didnt get a ping during a surge doesnt mean we need to cry conspiracy theory... lol, the surges are so short now, and ants flood it right away, its the entire point of the surge, it saturates that area with drivers to exceed demand... not everyone is gonna get a peak ping... its gonna drop fast

Danielson_

just bc u didnt get a ping during a surge doesnt mean we need to cry conspiracy theory... lol, the surges are so short now, and ants flood it right away, its the entire point of the surge, it saturates that area with drivers to exceed demand... not everyone is gonna get a peak ping... its gonna drop fast
Invalid. I stopped at a Starbucks near it to get some coffee. Was in the area for about 15-20min way more than enough time. There was only me and one other car south of it.

Valid; Surge was 3.0 then 5.0 then 6.0 and up from there. See my point clearly ? Or should I explain in further detail.

Ketofats

Invalid. I stopped at a Starbucks near it to get some coffee. Was in the area for about 15-20min way more than enough time. There was only me and one other car south of it.

Valid; Surge was 3.0 then 5.0 then 6.0 and up from there. See my point clearly ? Or should I explain in further detail.
so basically it was just a gimmick to get drivers into carson, no problem. I'm not going to get mad at the business i am just better off understanding it.