Inland Empire

IERide

I don't leave the IE unless a ride takes me out of the area.. If that happens I usually try to get back as soon as I can. But you guys keep going.. That's just more pings for me.

Amsoil Uber Connect

Well I'm goin to OC tomorrow, mostly to get out of the heat. 101-106, briefly saw 109 today, not because of low earnings, It seemed like not many drivers from Fontana to San Berdoo. And everytime I got back to Riverside I got taken back today. but those incentives / boost I keep seeing is starting to piss me off.

I won't do LA because of pool.

@ .90 a mileage vs .95 it's not much of a difference and more of a chance to get a surge to make up for it. Its just a matter of being in the right place at the right time and stay off lyft for the time being. But since OC is getting sim incentives maybe the surge will be non-exsistant.

Last edited:

JapanFour

I actually stayed in fontana tonight and got a fair amount of rides. Got my trip to LA county and stuck it out there. No surge all night as far as I saw though. Its like nonexistant in the IE now. I remember when every day after work I could get on uber and catch at least one surge ride from people needed rides home from redlands. Now there is no point to being in the san bernardino area.

IMO just work from alta loma towards LA and stay out of SB.

either way, from when I started at the beginning of the year the demand is like at least 2X lower than it used to be.

hulksmash

You have to work zero dark thirty hours when other drivers are off. Even with lack of incentives, and drivers flocking to LA, there's plenty of noobs that don't know any better and still drive here at base rates. I personally don't go LA unless I get taken there, because I don't drive enough to qualify for their incentives and because I don't like dead miles (not both ways)

Last edited:

Just Another Uber Drive

The zero-dark thirty hours are covered rather well. I used to often literally be the only driver out in the wee hours Not any more. We're over-saturated with drivers.

I know a lot are too worried about making any cash at all to stick with surges, but at least stay offline when approaching known surge times to let the surges occur.

If you are online between 1:30 am and 2:30 am you will kill the 2nd biggest surge of the night. Stay offline during that one hour until it surges. Just wait and watch. Your patience will be rewarded more often than not.

There are several surge periods during the night ending with the morning going-to-work surge - which is generaly the biggest. Learn them. Don't kill them. Drive for base if you want to, but do it between known surge times.

1:30am - 2:30am, 4:00am - 4:30am, and 5:30am - 6:30am should be approached as surge times.

And if that map turns orange, go offline until it turns red.

I imagine most here already know this stuff even if you're new but have been reading the forums, but for those new drivers just coming in here, please drive smart. It impacts us all.

Last edited:

hulksmash

I need to start waking up early to do some quick runs before going to work. Since 1-2 updates ago the map stopped turning yellow and orange, now it goes straight to red. I think Uber doesnt want to tip off any drivers as to when a surge was imminent, since many will drive for base if they don't think a surge is coming anytime soon.

RogerJS

I need to start waking up early to do some quick runs before going to work. Since 1-2 updates ago the map stopped turning yellow and orange, now it goes straight to red. I think Uber doesnt want to tip off any drivers as to when a surge was imminent, since many will drive for base if they don't think a surge is coming anytime soon.
Best thing uber has done is getting rid of yellow /orange .. New drivers always jump on before the red and most of time kill the surge before it even starts !!

sekani

Don't know if this has changed recently, but the early-morning surges are fake. It would surge in Fontana at 4 AM just because there were no cars there, not because anyone actually needed a ride.

I also don't drive in the I.E. or Coachella Valley anymore, despite living here. The money's just not here for me.