Injury claim by rider

Token44

I was in an minor collision in June, my rider is now claiming for injury to Uber!!!!
Uber asked me that I inform the my insurance!!! But at the time of incident I reported that I was alone, to both insurance and police......so I told Uber that I cant report to my insurance provider.
I am in a mess.... Dont know what to do, dont know what will happen
Not just with UBER. You're going to have a rough go with your insurance company. They take fraudulent statements very seriously.

What you need to do is go get yourself a lawyer that specializes in insurance cases.

BEFORE you talk to anyone!

That's going to cost you some $$$, but will likely save you big $$$$$$$ in the long run.

sd1303

I was in an minor collision in June, my rider is now claiming for injury to Uber!!!!
Uber asked me that I inform the my insurance!!! But at the time of incident I reported that I was alone, to both insurance and police......so I told Uber that I cant report to my insurance provider.
Yup, you're in a mess. Consult with an attorney, and don't post any more info about the accident online.

babalu

Please let us know the result..

Superduber

And this is unfortunately why insurance is so expensive, scams driving up costs. A month after the fact they probably now claiming soft tissue injury (neck, back, etc), yeah right.

Bruce55

Sorry to hear this brah, that really sucks but remember it's not the end of the world it's just what happens in life sometimes, you'll get through this.

Manhoos

rash.parmar, you did the right thing.. Don't worry you are not in a mess. If I were you I'd have done the same thing.
Rider is not behind you. Explain uber in detail and let Uber handle it.

rash.parmar

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Biggest issue here is the misrepresentation of the facts of the occurrence to the police and insurance companies. You should have disclosed that you did have a passenger(s) in the vehicle
Biggest issue here is the misrepresentation of the facts of the occurrence to the police and insurance companies. You should have disclosed that you did have a passenger(s) in the vehicle.
Myxx,
Thats the thing I am worried about.

rash.parmar, you did the right thing.. Don't worry you are not in a mess. If I were you I'd have done the same thing.
Rider is not behind you. Explain uber in detail and let Uber handle it.
Manhoos,
I appreciate encouragement, thats what I need right now.

hk1990

uber says while we are on a trip its covered by ubers intact policy. why do we need to inform personal insurance company? like my self most of us here didnt inform our personal company we were driving for uber because only( intact and belair) are uber friendly. Even if you inform your personal insurance the chances are they wont cover it and most likely cancel the policy. I dont see the point in getting personal insurance invloved if we are covered by uber's policy. may be intact policy is not primary while we are on trip and its just bs to make us keep driving till we get into an accident and get screwed up.

momo14

uber says while we are on a trip its covered by ubers intact policy. why do we need to inform personal insurance company? like my self most of us here didnt inform our personal company we were driving for uber because only( intact and belair) are uber friendly. Even if you inform your personal insurance the chances are they wont cover it and most likely cancel the policy. I dont see the point in getting personal insurance invloved if we are covered by uber's policy. may be intact policy is not primary while we are on trip and its just bs to make us keep driving till we get into an accident and get screwed up.
You are wrong. Uber ( intact ) insurance clearly bold line in Term and condition ( intact.ca ) ridesharing insurance that any accident involve, Uber has right to contact your personal insurance. Also they highlighted even though you are covered by uber (intact ) insurance, But you have to tell your personal insurance that you drive Uber.

And if you do that. almost all insurance will drop you right away. Uber also mentioned that only 3 insurance company in Ontario are Uber friendly ( Intact, Novex and Bell direct ), if you are insured with them, you are fine.

Santa

You are wrong. Uber ( intact ) insurance clearly bold line in Term and condition ( intact.ca ) ridesharing insurance that any accident involve, Uber has right to contact your personal insurance. Also they highlighted even though you are covered by uber (intact ) insurance, But you have to tell your personal insurance that you drive Uber.

And if you do that. almost all insurance will drop you right away. Uber also mentioned that only 3 insurance company in Ontario are Uber friendly ( Intact, Novex and Bell direct ), if you are insured with them, you are fine.
So in other words, move your insurance to one of the three mentioned, or just give up driving because your insurance will drop your arse off.

And also because Uber can still screw us up by informing our insurance company, to pay for the damages received by a Rider. So what's the point on this Uber and Intact insurance claiming cover in case of an accident, eh?!

hk1990

so the way i see it, if you want to drive for uber, you cancel your insurance and move to intact (belair and novex are part of intact) or if you are with other company and get into an accident your insurance comapany cancels you and you move to intact. This seems very unfair. If uber's intact policy covers while we are on a trip i really dont see the point in informing our company. its like they are forcing uber drivers to go to intact if you want to continue driving. the personal insurance company shouldnt even care since they are not taking on additional risk when we drive for uber as its covered by different company.