$*&#ing Pedicabs

Null

Saw one of those pricks sideswipe a non-moving Lexus on 5th. The Lexus driver pulled over, pedicab driver continued on as if nothing happened.

Snapped pictures of the license no. Texted them to the Lexus driver and let him know he's got me as a witness for any reports or claims he wants to do.

I had something similar happen to me my first week driving. I wasn't moving and pedicab hit my driver side mirror. Luckily it folded forward, but have some scratches on the glass to date.

Foxy Flameheart

One mobbed busy weekend night I missed the light to go left on Market from 4th because one of these idiots was driving the wrong way towards me in the left lane. You know how long it can take to get around a corner down there between the 90 year signal changes, all the other ubers stopping to let people in & out near corners, and the endless ocean of people crossing the intersections. Coulda freaking strangled him. And your trying to accelerate towards an intersection thats green, not bottom out on a dip, make sure you dont hit any jaywalkers or wandering homeless people, trying to keep an eye out for testosteroned out hotshot drivers or spaced out cabbies and one of these idiots just pulls right out without a look or a care in the world doodley doodely doo going about the speed of a daisy growing. Its like #$%[email protected]!!! A holes! And they squeeze so close around people trapped at signals. Its a very real worry theyre going to scratch my car. Sometime Im an a-hole back and pull way over so they cant get through. Wait with everyone else obeying traffic laws. Or youre trying to pull over for a p/u in a super busy spot and theres a gaggle of about 6 of them pulled over in a wad shooting the breeze, taking up an available space and forcing everyone to pull around them because theyre sticking out into the lane. They had an article a while back about the city cracking down on how loud their music was, so I think thats an improvement. I think it cant be louder than 10 decibels a certain distance away, and people in hotels were complaining about the racket late at night. So yes, they are a super big pet peeve of mine. I get that they are just trying to make a buck like the rest of us, and maybe they are keeping some cars off the road by ferrying people out of a congested area, but they have a willful disregard for the moving vehicles around them, are a hazard, and impede traffic. Im surprised there havent been so many accident claims that their insurance fires them and puts them all out of business.

BostonTaxiDriver

One mobbed busy weekend night I missed the light to go left on Market from 4th because one of these idiots was driving the wrong way towards me in the left lane. You know how long it can take to get around a corner down there between the 90 year signal changes, all the other ubers stopping to let people in & out near corners, and the endless ocean of people crossing the intersections. Coulda freaking strangled him. And your trying to accelerate towards an intersection thats green, not bottom out on a dip, make sure you dont hit any jaywalkers or wandering homeless people, trying to keep an eye out for testosteroned out hotshot drivers or spaced out cabbies and one of these idiots just pulls right out without a look or a care in the world doodley doodely doo going about the speed of a daisy growing. Its like #$%[email protected]!!! A holes! And they squeeze so close around people trapped at signals. Its a very real worry theyre going to scratch my car. Sometime Im an a-hole back and pull way over so they cant get through. Wait with everyone else obeying traffic laws. Or youre trying to pull over for a p/u in a super busy spot and theres a gaggle of about 6 of them pulled over in a wad shooting the breeze, taking up an available space and forcing everyone to pull around them because theyre sticking out into the lane. They had an article a while back about the city cracking down on how loud their music was, so I think thats an improvement. I think it cant be louder than 10 decibels a certain distance away, and people in hotels were complaining about the racket late at night. So yes, they are a super big pet peeve of mine. I get that they are just trying to make a buck like the rest of us, and maybe they are keeping some cars off the road by ferrying people out of a congested area, but they have a willful disregard for the moving vehicles around them, are a hazard, and impede traffic. Im surprised there havent been so many accident claims that their insurance fires them and puts them all out of business.
In Boston, a fair number have NO working rear lights! Insane!

I will report that safety hazard to the city of Boston.

Have you noticed that in San Diego?

Null

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In Boston, a fair number have NO working rear lights! Insane!

I will report that safety hazard to the city of Boston.

Have you noticed that in San Diego?
In San Diego pedicabs aren't required to have brake lights. However, not usually an issue spotting them since their decorative lights are over the top.