%(%*%ing Mears wasted trip to the shop.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

So i show up at 4:45 this AM,

Your car is dead-lined for service.

"What cars are available?"

"Nothing for ride"

"City?"

"806, but i don't have the key, also there's a wheelchair van which i think your setup to drive"

"what else is available, all fleets?"

(crap load of yellows and checkers)

"what's the rate on a yellow 24 hour?"

"$170"

"pass"

FML

Still better than uber, still made $380 after expenses in two days this week. Not bad for a second part time income...

June132017

I don't like the 24 hour concept. I just don't like the idea that people could be driving the entire 24 hours. A few times when I rented the taxi I had to wake up the guy in front of me at the Hilton cab stand.

One time I had the start of a flat tire coming back at a mile marker 2 miles from Gore St. I took it right to the shop for the next guy. The one guy there tried renting my taxi after I told him he couldn't rent that taxi. I guess people get excited to rent the taxi.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't like the 24 hour concept. I just don't like the idea that people could be driving the entire 24 hours. A few times when I rented the taxi I had to wake up the guy in front of me at the Hilton cab stand.

One time I had the start of a flat tire coming back at a mile marker 2 miles from Gore St. I took it right to the shop for the next guy. The one guy there tried renting my taxi after I told him he couldn't rent that taxi. I guess people get excited to rent the taxi.
They arnt driving the entire 24 hour period.

I do like 15-16 hours, lawlet does about 14. 4:00 or 5:00 am to 18:00

I normally plan on 4:00-19:00 at the latest, and that’s with breaks.

One time I did 18 (don’t judge) but I had a nap in the middle.

Yellow 24 is just stupid high rental (as is yellow weekly)

Ride is $120 for the 24 hours. Since I have been back i’ve had the 24 hour rental paid by 10:00 at the latest.

The difference between 4:00 am to 19:00 vs 6:00 am to 18:00 or 10:00 am to 22:00 is a lot bigger than one would guess.

Most do 6:00 (or 5:00, 9:00, 10:00 am ) to whenever they feel like going home, take the car home with them, wake up cash out/ pay for the car, sign it back out and repeat.

The other *theory* on the 24 hour shift is to start at 10:00 am work until 7:00 pm or maybe as late as 10:00 pm, go to bed, go back out at 4:00, work until 9:00 and then turn the car back in and cash out.

That’s 15+ hours on the road. with a hour 6+ hour break to get some sleep in and eat something. (With 3 hours for either)

Stevie The magic Unicorn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That would require losing all the Orlando city limit zones or working the Disney stands( which hilariously I don’t know how to do)

It’s also $30 a day higher rental.