Info about service animal

Mike78

Someone compained me, and uber send me info. That person was definitely not disability...
riders with disabilities can be intimidating or frustrating, especially if a person's disability is not immediately visible. To protect you from any future incidents which could put your Uber partnership at risk, we wanted to make sure you have all the necessary information for handling service animals in the future. Through the Uber platform, Partners like you are providing new flexibility and freedom to people with disabilities that they've never had before.

As you may know, according to the ADA, allergies and fear of dogs are not valid reasons for denying access or refusing service to people using service animals. (You can read more about this here.)

In the future, you may ask a person who has the animal if it is a service animal required because of a disability. If this person says no, you can absolutely deny the ride. If this person says yes, the law requires you to provide transportation to them. Please note that by law you cannot request paperwork or any other proof of a disability or that the animal is a service animal.

You are also able to ask what service the animal provides. You may not ask what the person's disability is. You can read about this and more here.

Please know that Uber expects partners to comply with all state, federal and local laws governing the transportation of riders with disabilities. A transportation partner’s violation of the laws governing the accommodation of riders with disabilities, including with respect to the use of service animals, constitutes a breach of the parties’ Licensing Agreement and may result in permanently losing access to the Uber platform.

For more information on serving riders with disabilities, check out our partner blog post here.

Thanks again for speaking with me today and understanding the importance of serving riders with disabilities and following all the legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please let me know if there are any other questions I can answer.****

Last edited:

tohunt4me

Someone compained me, and uber send me info. That person was definitely not disability...
riders with disabilities can be intimidating or frustrating, especially if a person's disability is not immediately visible. To protect you from any future incidents which could put your Uber partnership at risk, we wanted to make sure you have all the necessary information for handling service animals in the future. Through the Uber platform, Partners like you are providing new flexibility and freedom to people with disabilities that they've never had before.

As you may know, according to the ADA, allergies and fear of dogs are not valid reasons for denying access or refusing service to people using service animals. (You can read more about this here.)

In the future, you may ask a person who has the animal if it is a service animal required because of a disability. If this person says no, you can absolutely deny the ride. If this person says yes, the law requires you to provide transportation to them. Please note that by law you cannot request paperwork or any other proof of a disability or that the animal is a service animal.

You are also able to ask what service the animal provides. You may not ask what the person's disability is. You can read about this and more here.

Please know that Uber expects partners to comply with all state, federal and local laws governing the transportation of riders with disabilities. A transportation partner’s violation of the laws governing the accommodation of riders with disabilities, including with respect to the use of service animals, constitutes a breach of the parties’ Licensing Agreement and may result in permanently losing access to the Uber platform.

For more information on serving riders with disabilities, check out our partner blog post here.

Thanks again for speaking with me today and understanding the importance of serving riders with disabilities and following all the legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please let me know if there are any other questions I can answer.****

Attachments

hangtyte

It's tricky with those service animals. I've come across several passengers with their "service animals". I knew they were lying, but as long as it sat on the floor and didn't shed, I was ok with it.

Queenofthepak

That's the way it works.

ADefaultUser

• When it is not obvious what service an animal provides, only limited inquiries are allowed. Staff may ask two questions: (1) is the dog a service animal required because of a disability, and (2) what work or task has the dog been trained to perform. Staff cannot ask about the person’s disability, require medical documentation, require a special identification card or training documentation for the dog, or ask that the dog demonstrate its ability to perform the work or task.

https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm

second2noone

I had a few pickups with people with service animals they say. I guess we are suppose to but hate getting hair all over the car and afraid pet my go in the car. I know get a towel blah blah. Annoying if I have to get out of the car to get a towel out which I have no money and can't afford. Maybe I'll stop by a car wash and pickup a few towels. People should bring their own towels but I know it's not part of the 5 star service they are "entitled" to. I wouldn't be surprised if people bring their pets and say they are service animals.

I guess the same as some of the pax we pick up. some of them are worse than our pets. lol

Rammmmin

Thanks again for speaking with me today and understanding the importance of serving riders with disabilities and following all the legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please let me know if there are any other questions I can answer.****[/QUOTEi
When i admit a person with animal i ask them load and clear, no hair on my backseat ,if there will be hair then i request cleaning fee.

twobucca2

Women told me that she has a service animal, but other person held on his hands that "service animal"...
Huh?

Anyone else confused by this? I feel like there's a joke in there somewhere.

I'll let pax pretty much do whatever they want in my car: Smoke, eat and/or drink, do drugs, sell drugs, have sex, masturbate, paint a picture, go to the bathroom, play Pokemon go, have a dance party, commit suicide, etc, whatever..

As long as you don't burn, spill food on, poop on, throw up on, get blood or cum on my seats, we're good to go.

Last edited:

HERR_UBERMENSCH

When i admit a person with animal i ask them load and clear, no hair on my backseat ,if there will be hair then i request cleaning fee.
Cleaning fees cannot be charged to legitimate service animal users, they have to have had an 'accident' in two other Uber cars before Uber will pay out. This was part of the settlement agreement with NFB. I attached a pdf of the addendum that covers the 'cleaning fee' policy. The very last page has the paragraph pertaining to cleaning fees and shedding is NOT included.

Attachments

Last edited: