Influenza #7

LyftUberFuwabolewa

I really wish they had just called coronavirus "influenza number seven" instead. Then people would say "oh I know that, there's nothing to worry about".

If they tracked every case of regular seasonal influenza and reported on the deaths as they're doing now with coronavirus it would seem just as scary.

Just when the market is starting to pick back up in my area now we've got this which is obviously going to slow things down again.

And to top it all off I just got this from Uber. The only thing they left off is "if one of your passengers doesn't cover their nose and mouth when they sneeze be sure and write them one star and report them as rude in the app".

Attachments

mbd

I really wish they had just called coronavirus "influenza number seven" instead. Then people would say "oh I know that, there's nothing to worry about".

If they tracked every case of regular seasonal influenza and reported on the deaths as they're doing now with coronavirus it would seem just as scary.

Just when the market is starting to pick back up in my area now we've got this which is obviously going to slow things down again.

And to top it all off I just got this from Uber. The only thing they left off is "if one of your passengers doesn't cover their nose and mouth when they sneeze be sure and write them one star and report them as rude in the app".
Every state and every city has the Coronavirus 😁
Uber drivers have them
Dogs have them
Imagine this - Basketball arena with 15,000 fans😁, now imagine that arena empty 😁
Bacteria is 1/10 size of a cell, and virus is 1/10 size of a bacteria
Human beings have 37 trillion cells 😁

waldowainthrop

The problem is that it’s actually worse than the worst influenza (and coronavirus factually isn’t influenza even if a couple of the symptoms are the same). A modicum of caution is the only thing that will prevent it from getting worse, since containment seems to already be failing compared to SARS and other potential epidemics.

I’ll take a cyclical temporary economic downturn over an actual pandemic every time. The point of long-term investments is that they go up and down but pay off eventually. There will always be recessions and panics along the way that harm the economy.

For rideshare and service businesses, this panic has hit at a bad time because it was time for a pickup and that has been more than nullified.

Mtbsrfun

Except the flu kills .01% of people and covid is at 2% mortality rate, 10% in the Middle East.

I find it funny that everybody just ignores the WHO response to this and all the quarantines and canceled flights. Just the fact that this is causing disruptions while in the beginning stages should be a huge red flag.

mbd

Stay away from the hospitals 😁 you will get it for sure😁
You go to the hospital to check if you have the virus, then results come back negative , but you have the virus 🦠 now😁
Post automatically merged:

Because of the coughing, everybody will be spotting a 6 pack😁
It is not the workouts, but coughing.

Mtbsrfun

I think you guys are worried about nothing.

While Uber drivers scare riders with hazmat suits and masks tanking their ratings I’ll be boosting my immune system with Guinness.
And a joint a day keeps the doctor away; gotta keep that immune system highhhh.

1582983340748.png

got a p

i'm not worried about coronavirus, I drink orange juice!

ps- i'm still not picking up at the airport

pps - going doomsday prepper today

mbd

In 3-4 weeks, Corona will be replaced by the next MH 370 news😁 Two weeks ago it was the Kobe news. Humans just need little excitement .
Btw, I was at my bank, and they said they are extremely limited on cash today 😁 you cannot get more than 100$ cash today . By Tuesday they will have cash 😁 not all branches, few. 🤭
ATM limit 3000🦠
Most of it is income tax related ... people taking cash out of the accounts and buying masks and cars 😁

Last edited:

LyftUberFuwabolewa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i'm not worried about coronavirus, I drink orange juice!
Orange Juice? I drink grapefruit juice because O.J. kills! We must never forget!

Except the flu kills .01% of people and covid is at 2% mortality rate, 10% in the Middle East.
I think we're still figuring out the mortality rate and transmission rate.

But let's use your numbers for now. Covid-19 has a 2% mortality rate in some geographic regions, and a 10% mortality rate in others. How does Covid-19 know where it is and adjust it's lethality? Or maybe the differences in mortality rates by geographic region is effected by the quality of heath care and cultural differences (folk remedies, superstitious beliefs etc.). In some places in the third world people believe the LAST thing you should do when you have diarrhea is drink liquids! They think you need to eat dry, solid food to make it solid, like adding flour to thicken gravy or more cement mix to thicken cement you've added too much water to.

So, back to your 2% mortality rate, in which part of the world is that from?

Last edited:

Trafficat

There are many coronavirus. Some are responsible for the common cold. Most are not that dangerous. COVID-19 is a particularly dangerous strain of coronavirus.

LyftUberFuwabolewa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Today I heard that the mortality rate for the 1st world is .8%. SARS was 10%, Ebola was 50-60%, Bird Flu was 90-95%. So it's way lower than those, but worse than .1% for the seasonal flu.

Some good news here: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/a0229-COVID-19-update.html

Personally, I keep checking my corona. It seems fine.

Last edited:

mbd

Wuhan population -11 million+
LA and NYC combined population -12 million
First confirmed patient- Dec 31
It is possible that the virus was spreading for 3-4 weeks before the first confirmed person 🤔
Just by the population size of Wuhan will put the virus 🦠 in every state👍
Older people and sick people need to be extra cautious.

Mtbsrfun

In 3-4 weeks, Corona will be replaced by the next MH 370 news😁 Two weeks ago it was the Kobe news. Humans just need little excitement .
Btw, I was at my bank, and they said they are extremely limited on cash today 😁 you cannot get more than 100$ cash today . By Tuesday they will have cash 😁 not all branches, few. 🤭
ATM limit 3000🦠
Most of it is income tax related ... people taking cash out of the accounts and buying masks and cars 😁
Why else do you think trump just pulled us out of Afghanistan?
Confuse, deflect and counter

What’s more interesting than America making buttbuddy deals with terrorists? Yeah because the taliban has always been super faithful and trustworthy.

Today I heard that the mortality rate for the 1st world is .8%. SARS was 10%, Ebola was 50-60%, Bird Flu was 90-95%. So it's way lower than those, but worse than .1% for the seasonal flu.

Some good news here: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/a0229-COVID-19-update.html

Personally, I keep checking my corona. It seems fine.
C62E4266-C15C-4346-86B9-CE1BEC3B6194.gif
1C537931-976E-4106-BDEE-563BD900927B.gif
7ECFB583-7121-4C17-962D-1003BF668983.jpeg

OHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAH

mbd

Test was run on a pig
At 41 degrees, virus had the best spreading rate and at 87 degrees , no spreading(flu) 😷
Flu season nov to feb 🤓
AAPL and other co’s shutting down for 2 weeks, which takes flu season into 3rd week of March 😷

percy_ardmore

Spanish flu of 1918. Millions died, particularly in India. Originated/spread by American soldiers from Ft. Riley, Kansas.

waldowainthrop

Why is it called Spanish flu when it was invented by the American soldiers and more people died in India. Shouldn’t it be named American flu or the Indian flu?
This is why public health officials insisted on avoiding calling it “Wuhan Coronavirus”. Location-based names of diseases belie the risk of infection across great distances, and tend to blame a location unfairly for being the source of the disease.

mbd

If you are from Wuhan and living in NY, just say you are from Shanghai or Beijing.
If you are from NY or Seattle area, just say you are from Dallas.

percy_ardmore

Why is it called Spanish flu when it was invented by the American soldiers and more people died in India. Shouldn’t it be named American flu or the Indian flu?
Because a prominent Spanish army general contracted it but did not die.

Cvillegordo

Here in Charlottesville, VA the students are on Spring break. Many told me that they were concerned about traveling, but had booked their trips months ago. U.K., Spain, Mexico, Florida, they are going there in droves. 100% there is going to be a huge surge in cases in about two weeks or less. I think ridesharing is going to be way too risky- driver and passenger - so I'm in the process of preparing for that.