• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ineligible Lyft Vehicles

Matt Uterak

Think they're 80 HP.....another crap ride is the Chevy Aveo. Not only should they be banned from RS, they need to be pulled of the road, destroyed & turned into steel dumpsters.

I don't understand why Versa and Versa note on there....they are rather roomy, just small trunks.
The regular Versa Sedan has more rear seat room and a trunk bigger than a Fusion Hybrid.

Not as nice to ride in, but just as good as most qualified vehicles.

Like any large corp/government, the person making this decision. Has no idea what is going on.

Reactions: Syn

Negg

Just saw a 2dr Toyota truck with suicide doors in the back doing rides. Thought this was illegal

TomTheAnt

Just saw a 2dr Toyota truck with suicide doors in the back doing rides. Thought this was illegal
I think I've actually also seen a Chevy extended cab being used. As well as the Double Cab GM calls the shorter cab version in the newer trucks. That back seat is VERY cramped.

peteyvavs

Yeah, I am. It's not as if I get to choose what vehicle picks me up. Getting packed like sardines in the back seat of your car because your too cheap to buy a real vehicle shouldn't be my problem, and obviously Uber agrees.
You can always take the bus, which is 10 more uncomfortable in many ways, or you can walk.

wn100804

15 years ago Mitsubishi was the first to figure out they could do a 0 down 60 month financing deal and get lots of broke young people to get a "new car" Mirage. Problem was they would never last 60 months without turning into a stinking pile of poo. You knew whoever went for that deal was quickly "upside down" on the car! It made it hard to get rid of them, you were pretty much stuck with it.
You can say "pile of shit" here. We are not children.

PHXTE

You being packed like sardines in the back seat is not my problem either. My goal is to put as much money as possible in my pocket, not to worry weather cheap fcks are comfortable during 0.8 miles rides. Wanna "real vehicle"? Then pay for it. Call taxi and very spacious Ford Crown Victoria will pick you up.
I'm supposed to earn less money so that cheap fcks are more comfortable? Ain't gonna happen princess. How is buying a "real car" benefiting me? I would spend more money on monthly payment and gas, only to earn the same amount in fares. Where is logic?

p.s. Uber doesn't agree with you. Uber still allows subcompact cars.
You're accusing other people of being cheap @@@@s when you're the one driving your car into the ground for minimum wage?

Oh, the irony.

Your failures in life that have led to you driving some cheap piece of shit for rideshare ain’t my problem. I will happily continue utilizing Lyft if it means I can avoid the tiny cars that pervade the Uber platform. I’ve got no problems cancelling on you because of your car either.

(And I wouldn’t count on that lasting long with Uber. These two companies are monkey-see, monkey do.)

Frontier Guy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The regular Versa Sedan has more rear seat room and a trunk bigger than a Fusion Hybrid.

Not as nice to ride in, but just as good as most qualified vehicles.

Like any large corp/government, the person making this decision. Has no idea what is going on.

Having ridden in the back of a Versa sedan, I was cramped, and he had the seat all the way up

Syn

You're accusing other people of being cheap @@@@s when you're the one driving your car into the ground for minimum wage?

Oh, the irony.

Your failures in life that have led to you driving some cheap piece of shit for rideshare ain’t my problem. I will happily continue utilizing Lyft if it means I can avoid the tiny cars that pervade the Uber platform. I’ve got no problems cancelling on you because of your car either.

(And I wouldn’t count on that lasting long with Uber. These two companies are monkey-see, monkey do.)
The difference between you and I is that I know that I offer a base service so I expect base reimbursement. But you, you want to pay for the base service, but get more than a basic car? Ain't gonna happen princess.

I don't make a minimum wage and I'm not driving my car into the ground. I have a full time job that pay for all living expenses and I drive part time on the side. I have a separate bank account for ride sharing and there is app. $55,000 in it right now - and that's after I paid off (years ago) my subcompact car that you hate so much. Just because you quit driving because you didn't know how to make money doesn't mean that everybody else is a failure.

I also own a brand new Toyota RAV4, a Mustang and F-150. I used RAV4 only twice during the festival season and I made the same exact amount of money that I made with a Yaris. Same cheap paxholes. So once again - how would it benefit me to drive a nicer more expensive car that uses more gas? Where is the logic? So that cheap paxholes such as yourself feel better? HA

You won't be avoiding subcompact cars even if you use Lyft. All owners of subcompact cars who signed in before this year were grandfathered in - including myself. Feel free to cancel - nobody is gonna be crying over your $3.66 with no tip anyways.

Lyft (and possibly Uber) banning new subcompact cars actually don't even benefit you. Instead of a 2016 Nissan Versa, now you'll be picked up in a 2008 Honda Civic - which is smaller and it will be in a far worse shape than a much newer Versa.

TXUbering

I Will take my fiesta over most imports

The Ford Fiesta is a supermini marketed by Ford since 1976 over seven generations. It has been manufactured in the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, Australia, Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, Mexico, China, India, Thailand, and South Africa.

peteyvavs

Just heard this on a related topic-
Lyft has so many drivers signed up on express drive rental that they can tighten up the vehicle requirements without impacting their supply of drivers. Improves the pax experience at zero cost to the company.
That’s the point, get drivers sucked into a rental at 1000 or more per month and keep their earnings, if it wasn’t so sad it would be comical.
Lyft knows that using Hertz is a write off for themselves while drivers pay to be screwed with a smile. All those who use express drive need to have their heads examined, better to just get a job at Walmart.
Post automatically merged:

Were you one of people affected in a lawsuit vs Ford re: crappy transmissions in Fiesta and Focus?
All Fords are crappy.

Syn

Were you affected by the fuel pedals of Toyota sticking to the floor
Nope. My Toyotas are much newer than those affected in that lawsuit.

p.s. I'm gonna guess that your answer is "yes" to my question?

All Fords are crappy.
That's not true. Ford makes pretty good larger cars (I have no issues with my Mustang and F-150). Its their smaller cars that are the problem, especially automatic transmissions in 2011+ Fiestas and 2012+ Focuses.

Juggalo9er

Nope. My Toyotas are much newer than those affected in that lawsuit.

p.s. I'm gonna guess that your answer is "yes" to my question?

That's not true. Ford makes pretty good larger cars (I have no issues with my Mustang and F-150). Its their smaller cars that are the problem, especially automatic transmissions in 2011+ Fiestas and 2012+ Focuses.
Pssst that's a no... Only car over ever had a recall on was a Toyota and they were shady as hell about it

peteyvavs

Pssst that's a no... Only car over ever had a recall on was a Toyota and they were shady as hell about it
And yet they are the most reliable manufacturer of cars today. I can cite numerous examples of any auto manufacturer that had major issues with their products. One poorly engineered part does not make the product inferior.

Reactions: Syn

Syn

Then I feel sorry for you - you'll be out of $3,500 when that PowerShift goes bad. Its not a question of "if", its a question of "when".

By the way, its not a "recall" that you should worry about. There is nothing bad about recalls since most of the time the issue is corrected. You should worry about what happens when recall doesn't fix the issue and manufacturer refuses to do anything further (like Ford is doing). There's a reason why Ford had over 20 recalls on Fiesta's and Focus' automatic transmission alone - and then still have over 1.5 million owners suing them.

Do yourself a favor and get rid of that FIesta while you still can. If you must stick with Ford - buy a used Fusion or Taurus, but avoid Fiesta and Focus at all costs.