Indy Uber Hub

Coyotex

I stopped in the Uber Hub in Indianapolis the other day, just asking some random questions.

I then asked "is there any talk about raising the per mileage rates for drivers in Indy?". The guy looked at me with the deer in the headlights look and said, "Why, are the rates low?" I just chuckled and said yes they are.

Oh, did I mention Downtown Indy SUCKS! That construction is a pain in the butt!

DieselkW

"are the rates low?"
Let's look at the competition, because competition sets the market value, right? Here are taxi fares in Indianapolis:

Taxi Start (Normal Tariff)2.88 $2.00-4.50
Taxi 1 mile (Normal Tariff)2.00 $2.00-5.00
Taxi 1hour Waiting (Normal Tariff)24.00 $24.00-24.00

Compare that to Uber rates in Indianapolis. Is Uber charging $2/mile and 40¢ per minute? No? Then the rates are low.

Pretty damn simple, doncha think? Yesterday I picked up at a Northside hotel (Marriott Keystone) and delivered to the airport.
30 mile ride, I got $27, she paid $35.

A 30 mile ride in a taxi, if you can get them to show up, and it's clean and the driver is capable of friendly conversation, would cost twice that.

So, when your competition is charging twice as much, and you ask "are the rates low?", you sound like a clueless idiot.

I would have asked him: "are you overpaid?"

Last edited:

Coyotex

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I guess this clueless idiot isn't following your logic. I compare uber fares to other uber fares, not taxi fares.(and I'm talking about what the driver gets, not what the rider pays, as I really don't care what the rider pays)

Heck, while your at it, why don't you compare what an Uber costs driving to Florida vs what a plane ticket is?

Also, why would I care what the heck he is paid? Again, that has NOTHING to do with Uber fares in Indy compared to Taxi fares in Indy, just Uber fares compared to other places.

Last edited:

DieselkW

You're defensive for no reason. My clueless idiot referenced the Hub employee, he was the one that asked "are the rates low?", correct? I fail to understand why you'd think that was directed at you.

You compare Uber fares to other Uber fares? Ummm, OK... do you intend to move and make your decision based on where Uber fares are more to your liking?
I compare Uber fares to taxi fares because that's the alternative for the customer base. You ever wonder if it's simple coincidence that the price of gas is exactly the same when two stations are across the street from one another?

Why does Uber charge half that of their competitor? Because ants are willing to be treated like ants. When they run low on ants, they'll be forced to change their price structure.

I'm actually surprised the Hub guy didn't already know Uber is undercharging and therefore, underpaying drivers.

Coyotex

I have no idea what Uber's cut is, and I really don't care. I'm more concerned about me, as a driver, take home is. I've never once asked my employer, or a person for whom I'm contracted to do services, what his pay is.

Last time I drove in Indy, the driver's pay was .60cents/mile .11cents/minute.

DieselkW

So I’m curious what a driver makes per mile?
What cut does Uber take?
Do you know how to find your driver rate card? Uber takes 25% of the fare plus .

Drivers make about 65¢ per mile, plus 11¢ per minute.

Uber doesn't publish rates that I can find for passengers, they do have a "calculator" you can play with

For instance, a recent trip from Keystone Crossing to the airport - passenger paid $36.43, and I got $25.07

Coyotex

If you're making .65 cents per mile, you're doing something different than me.
I looked at my last fare, and it showed .60 cents per mile.

Reklaw1973

So for a trip from Irvington to Brownsburg, 22miles and about 40min, $30 driver pay seems like a pretty good rate. Yes?

Coyotex

So for a trip from Irvington to Brownsburg, 22miles and about 40min, $30 driver pay seems like a pretty good rate. Yes?
Holy crap! Well, that's more than .60/mile and .11/minute. Are you sure those are Indy rates?

Cubs44

Leave it up to Indy drivers to cry like babies. if you don't like it then quit doing it, and get a real job. When I lived there I was living in a College city, where rates are always better. learn how to make it work you babies, and your all idiots if you think downtown is bad. try driving for rideshare in a real large city like Chicago. Cry babies crying over 6 blocks of traffic....LOL

jlong105

Leave it up to Indy drivers to cry like babies. if you don't like it then quit doing it, and get a real job. When I lived there I was living in a College city, where rates are always better. learn how to make it work you babies, and your all idiots if you think downtown is bad. try driving for rideshare in a real large city like Chicago. Cry babies crying over 6 blocks of traffic....LOL
So negative. To see someone crying like a baby about others crying like babies.

Last edited:

Juggalo9er

I believe you forgot you pacifier