Incentives in Orange County?

Jake2016

Hi Folks,

Do you receive any incentives in Orange County? The incentive in June (10% on gross fares) and on top of it $75 for 30 trips one week at the end of May, which was pretty reasonable, are not provided any more. What they offer now are only (1) referral bonuses and (2) UberEATS special in Newport Beach, Costa Mesa and Irvine:

"Opt in for a special $120 offer

On Friday, July 15, UberEATS is running a custom promotion - and you're invited!

For this promotion, we are offering $20 per hour for six hours. This is net earnings, without a service fee.

Interested driver-partners must be located in Newport Beach, Costa Mesa or western Irvine from 9:00am through 3:00pm on July 15."

Any thoughts/comments?

In my opinion, these programs are not attractive at all:

(1) Not sure how we can attract drivers for a minimum or below-minimum wage;
(2) I have yet to plan to become a food delivery man ;-)

By giving away value to passengers receiving very cheap rides and keeping all the profits to themselves, they seem to continue screwing drivers. I wonder what is the effectiveness of their TV ads in the prime time to attract new drivers, when this business model doesn't make any economic sense for UberX drivers to stay in the long term.

mandreyka

The 10% was ok for me because I just drove the way I wanted and it usually covered my gas. Now they have been giving either a 1.5 surge guarantee OR you get the $30 hr from 9pm- 3am Friday and Saturday nights. I have been NOT driving these hours and doing ok.

Jake2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Any incentives announced this week? Nothing received on my end yet.

According to Uber, it seems we are doing well in OC without them :-)

rudygti

they tell u the day of usually or thursday night for weeken incentives, i got them and didnt even use them, just attacked the surge on saturday and friday and shut off

mandreyka

They come out Thursday about 5, it will be the same BS this week as previous.

All I get is $30 hr 9pm-3am fri and sat.
Works out to $24 hr net and all the humpers are out. There is a way I can game this with my different accounts but I don't bother. I just completely forget they are even there and drive the way I want to

Bojingles

They should increase the incentives in Los Angeles more because they're going to need it to repair the cars from driving on those f...k up streets in La

mandreyka

They should increase the incentives in Los Angeles more because they're going to need it to repair the cars from driving on those f...k up streets in La
The good news is that now that the drivers are used to it thru will never drive for base rates again , on those roads you can't.