1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Incentives, Bonuses, etc. Did I screw myself over?

Discussion in 'San Francisco' started by ellcee, Apr 25, 2017.

1. ellcee

ellcee New Member

Less than a year ago, I loved driving during the incentives Uber offered, which were hourly guarantees. It went over well the first couple times, but afterwards, I became furious when I didn't get my incentive payment. Uber claimed I didn't accept enough rides (but from my stands I'd accepted 100% of them). They also began automatically logging me off the app, again saying that I wasn't accepting enough rideas (and I rarely if ever declined any requests).

As many of you I'm sure, have experienced, It can become really difficult for Uber to even answer a question when communicating with the support team. I would send message after message, or would it let a thread of messages die until I got my incentive. I admit, I was definitely allowing my anger to be known toward the end.

I ended up taking a break from Uber. I lost all trust in them. I felt the app would intentionally kick me off from "not accepting enough rides" only so they could get away with not paying me my incentive.

So. Here's my question... I'm back on Uber, about 9 months later...

WHERE DID THE HOURLY INCENTIVES GO?!
    1. I don't see hourly incentives offered anymore. At all. Do any of you? I live in San Francisco, btw

2. The only promotional type of stuff I see are bonuses, like $100 for completing 20 rides in 5 days, and then it provides the boost schedule for the week. So, so you guys see other promotions other than what I'm seeing?

3. Do you think it's possible that Uber just had enough of me and my nagging and *****ing that they arent offering these bonuses to me anymore?

4. If you believe it's possible #3 is true, would you recommend any strategies for trying to save face with Uber so more incentives/bonuses/promotions are available to me?

2. DocT

DocT Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Different markets = different promotions.

Here in L.A. we've got Quests (x rides for $) and Boosts (guaranteed rate multiplier during certain hours/zones).

What brought you back to Uber?

3. Carbalbm

Carbalbm Active Member

SF only has Boost and Quest (weekday and weekend are separate) promotions at this time. Hourly guarantees have gone the way of the dodo.

SourPatch and Sacto Burbs like this.
  4. Uberslave415

Uberslave415 Well-Known Member

You'll probably make 30% less then what you used to make last year. Good old days are over.

5. GoatLove

GoatLove Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    My nose is sore.

6. Strange Fruit

Strange Fruit Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes, it's #3. This large company has personal feelings about you specifically. Cuz support is so personal and attentive that they notice you and reached across to the actual decision makers and personally affected ur incentive schedule.

If a news story about Uber hasn't been about ***** grabbing, it's about how drivers are angry about falling pay. So the answer is in a news paper (or whatever, not literal paper), or search the word pay on this very forum. And the bonuses have specific criteria, that mainly require counting ability to understand. It's one thing to not like it, but another to say they are difficult to understand. I find the mass of humanity, and the nonsense they communicate, difficult to comprehend, but bonus criteria is pretty simple if you tried reading the requirements. And I've been paid every time, having driven over 3 years now, except a couple PDP weeks when it began and the payments were a week late. If u can type the coherent post that u did, with exceptional organization of points, then I think you were probably capable of reading their criteria. Ur appear more literate than many others here. Since u have a personal connection with the company, can u tell them we need to stop adding drivers to SF. There's plenty already and constant new drivers hurts the rider experience and irks SF residents who have to share the roads with these terrible and rude drivers. Pleeeze. They listen to you.

Sacto Burbs and Nikusmi like this.
  7. UbaaDrivaa

UbaaDrivaa Well-Known Member

Good old hourly guaranteed are over. I am sure some of you are guilty of hanging out in treasure island for hours after you completed the minimum rides requirement. I am guilty of that.

SourPatch and Sacto Burbs like this.
  8. manuella

manuella Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I used to have this problem, I either got the wrong incentive or nothing . just email them until your issue gets to someone who actually reads what you write then they will fix it , just gotta be persistent while keeping your cool.

Speedracer415 likes this.
  9. UberAnt39

UberAnt39 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Don't these Uber people just love the sound of their own voices though. On and on and on...

10. ellcee

ellcee New Member

Wow, isn't someone grumpy. And yes, Uber does, very much keep records of "issue" drivers, so in no way am I egocentric to believe an incentive would have become unavailable to me after me essentially harassing them to the point in which they wouldn't even respond to new messages I'd sent. And please don't question my ability to comprehend the English language, basic rules and conditions... If anything recognize my frustration when I'm having to send a single question multiple times over in an electronic message, or repeatedly rephrase something over the phone via their pilot support system. Hooray for you that you got your bonus! And apparently it also gave you a big head. If you really believe that all these drivers that are feeling screwed over by Uber just cant understand a basic set of rules, I'm afraid you're the ignorant and uneducated one. Please don't waste my time with your arrogance, or whatever you choose to call it. One day you'll see exactly what I'm taking about and your big head can deflate a little.

Oh believe me, I was persistent. Nothing was stopping me. I sent message after message, after message. They wouldn't budge. The app kicked me off saying I wasn't accepting enough rides. Except I wasn't missing any. They only thing they said was perhaps it was a glitch in the app and to download an updated version, but they were not willing to work with me.

What is with people's nasty attitudes here? I'm a post-grad student, that slaves away selflessly as an intern, and I drive Uber to get by because it's one of the few jobs that provides the flexibility I need. My non-Uber work is one of the most selfless jobs that exists in humanity so don't be so quick to judge!

People here really have something stuck up their asses, here. Perhaps bitter people that have nothing else better going for them unlike myself.

Thing is, I just happened to browse this page to discover that SOME SF Bay Area people are, in fact still offered hourly incentives. I spoke with a woman at support, as well as did some other research, to learn that Uber does not give the same incentives to all drivers, or all locations. So, even is me and other drivers live in the same area, Uber might offer us different incentives based on our driving style. The incentives are to encourage us to drive more during the times we tend to not be active.

Speedracer415 likes this.
  11. SRGuy

SRGuy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Let's see the proof of hourly incentives still existing in SF. If anyone would get them it would be JP. But JP doesn't need uber as much as they need him.

Sacto Burbs and Nikusmi like this.
  12. mikeslemonade

mikeslemonade Well-Known Member

I no longer got the daily goals like "Do 5 rides between the hours of 5-8pm for $35" That happened when my car registration was expired for like 4 days..

13. SRGuy

SRGuy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    That experiment was short-lived and nice but they dropped it because it was too easy to hit 7-12 rides between 4PM and 8PM. Easy $35 to $65 each day for taking pool riders. Mot likely won't re-appear now that the Jeffman is gone.

14. CrashiusClay

CrashiusClay Well-Known Member

Promotions are "random." Just ask the Phillipines or India or Reno.

15. Sacto Burbs

Sacto Burbs Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You are such a meanie. Have you met Lil Joey?
    He's a meanie too. Rants on about having his time "wasted". We are all wasted. Sigh. In so many ways.