• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Inbound tolls enroute to pick-up

danzer

guys! need some help! is it true that, if you need to pass an ERP to pick up a passenger, the ERP will not be charged to the passenger? Today I was at plaza singapura alighting a passenger, then got a pick up at SMU. So i need to drive past ERP after handy road, and was charged $2. T_T

Ultimate Warrior

guys! need some help! is it true that, if you need to pass an ERP to pick up a passenger, the ERP will not be charged to the passenger? Today I was at plaza singapura alighting a passenger, then got a pick up at SMU. So i need to drive past ERP after handy road, and was charged $2. T_T
Did you even pay attention in the briefing? It was clearly covered.

UnG

yes to your question:biggrin:

Ultracraft

If u are part of Uber latest driver incentive program, uber will reimburse all your in bound tolls. Uber is currently experimenting this new program.

Quiz for u guys! But no prize for the right answer. :p

Do you know on what situation the toll fee would be passed on to the rider whilst enroute to pick up the rider?

Cheers!

Last edited:

UnG

If u are part of Uber latest driver incentive program, uber will reimburse all your in bound tolls. Uber is currently experimenting this new program.

Quiz for u guys! But no prize for the right answer. :p

Do you on what situation the toll fee would be passed on to the rider whilst enroute to pick up the rider?

Cheers!
2nd Poooool.....:p

renyeo

Inbound tolls are now reimbursed but drivers have to take a screenshot of payout and submit to Uber.

I'd prefer the reimbursements to be automatic, though.

:rolleyes:

asriznet

avoid ERP trips at all cost on uber haha, seriously uber is making it so hard for us drivers... even after we've done what they told us to do, they still mess up causing us to check every single trip to make sure we're paid correctly.

they should have an option to indicate ERP cost at end of trip and then use that information to verify with the upfront fare. a driver can at least still remember the total ERP at end of trip. most of the times we have trips back to back and does not gives us the opportunity to check every trip.

Brudderboo

I kinda disagree with you Asri, we are our own business owners using a platform to our perusal, having said that, it should be our own responsibility to check if paid out is done correctly or not. In case somebody screams and says I work for Uber, let me say this I don't work for Uber, I drive full time 5.5days a week. I check at the end of the day my ERP charges and surge amount to see if there is any discrepancy. Even coffee shop do cash count n close acc every night before closing. So, we should too. If got, we inform then Uber must pay accordingly. If dun pay, then they are at fault.

asriznet

I kinda disagree with you Asri, we are our own business owners using a platform to our perusal, having said that, it should be our own responsibility to check if paid out is done correctly or not. In case somebody screams and says I work for Uber, let me say this I don't work for Uber, I drive full time 5.5days a week. I check at the end of the day my ERP charges and surge amount to see if there is any discrepancy. Even coffee shop do cash count n close acc every night before closing. So, we should too. If got, we inform then Uber must pay accordingly. If dun pay, then they are at fault.
Please do share your simplified process in doing this check... the challenge we face as a driver especially if we are taking rides back to back. You should also be aware that once u accepted the next ride, you cannot check previous trip fare or send in-app request at that point.

Old school pen and paper to note down every trip? I know some older Drivers does this but is this efficient? Are u aware of the procedure on the green app? Which is more efficient?

As my suggestion was to allow the driver to indicate at end of trip how much toll incurred and some kind of check will be done automatically to compare with upfront fare. If it matches, as per normal, if there's a mismatch, automatically creates an in-app request.

Brudderboo

Me? My driving time 6am to 10am, 5pm to 9pm.ERP trips and NOW In bound trips,I screen shot, using soft touch button app.(has a floating button on your screen, just tap only) I do a mental note on all ERP gantry n amount for each trip.n screenshot when on GPS time n area stated there as I'm about to pass. Check at the end of the shift. Takes me 2 minutes. If got missing, or shortage n cannot remember how much, check mytransport.sg ERP rates to verify then send to uber. That how I do.If I'm busy both with Uber n my other work the whole day, head home, go machine or atm print statement for the day. Then verify. With the inbound now, extra steps la. Also, I have a separate cash card for uber use n personal(parking etc) allows me to keep track. That's what I do. Given, it's a hassle, Never use or drive for Grab as my car for LCR, so I dun know how convenient that app is when it comes to ERP tracking, but I feel we can feedback to uber, if they do something, best. If they dun, life goes on. So need to do something ourselves lor. Who can help us if we dun help ourselves? That's how I feel la. You can try my method Brudder Asri, need further clarification, you can pm me. More then happy to share. :smiles:

Ultracraft

I feel I am la, if my other work nothing to do, drive lor. Recently, that seems to be the case. :frown: but Heng got Uber, I can still pay my bills every month. :smiles:
There are many peeps who are thankful to Uber and Grab for "invading" the once taxi-dominated territory. The existence of these two apps based companies help many overcome financial difficulties when they lost their jobs due to one reason or another.

I know the taxi drivers here will bombard me for saying this. I think it is wise to make myself scarces (from this topic) now. :p

Last edited:

asriznet

Me? My driving time 6am to 10am, 5pm to 9pm.ERP trips and NOW In bound trips,I screen shot, using soft touch button app.(has a floating button on your screen, just tap only) I do a mental note on all ERP gantry n amount for each trip.n screenshot when on GPS time n area stated there as I'm about to pass. Check at the end of the shift. Takes me 2 minutes. If got missing, or shortage n cannot remember how much, check mytransport.sg ERP rates to verify then send to uber. That how I do.If I'm busy both with Uber n my other work the whole day, head home, go machine or atm print statement for the day. Then verify. With the inbound now, extra steps la. Also, I have a separate cash card for uber use n personal(parking etc) allows me to keep track. That's what I do. Given, it's a hassle, Never use or drive for Grab as my car for LCR, so I dun know how convenient that app is when it comes to ERP tracking, but I feel we can feedback to uber, if they do something, best. If they dun, life goes on. So need to do something ourselves lor. Who can help us if we dun help ourselves? That's how I feel la. You can try my method Brudder Asri, need further clarification, you can pm me. More then happy to share. :smiles:
I see, how grab works with ERP/tolls or any sort of additional fare like entry to "no grace period" parking is grab does not charge erp/tolls in upfront fare to riders. i know initially i thought it's ridiculous, at end of trip have to tell rider need to add $2 more to fare for ERP which gonna annoy rider. But with the hassle of double checking to make sure uber pays me for my ERP, i think it's better to be upfront to the rider and charge accordingly. if using credit card, even better, no need to face the rider - just manually key in the additional toll amount and rider will be charged accordingly.

from what you are saying, you are okay with mistakes done by uber as it's drivers responsibility to check for the mistakes. if driver does not check, it's drivers loss?

what i'm starting to see is a trend of uber drivers accepting to what comes to them. I do pity those who's doing this full time, all they can do is accept... they started with high earnings and incentives thrown at them and at these times where pings are lesser, incentives are almost non-existence, they still accept it.

don't get me wrong, i've been supporting uber and still is however it's not my main source of income. if it is my main source of income, i definitely jump ship to green app.

UnG

use the erp app to instant display the exact time/ value n Grantry ID to those Green riders who hv dispute with it.
i had a couple incidents so far. typically they will say why so ex, then u keep calm n tell the toll charges n show them.proof if they still dont believe u.... u just hope that those cash paying rider has enuf cash....:biggrin::p

asriznet

use the erp app to instant display the exact time/ value n Grantry ID to those Green riders who hv dispute with it.
i had a couple incidents so far. typically they will say why so ex, then u keep calm n tell the toll charges n show them.proof if they still dont believe u.... u just hope that those cash paying rider has enuf cash....:biggrin::p
haha yeah man, if not enough cash then how uh? lol can report to grab?