• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Inactivity warning, Uber, Los Angeles, Nov 2015

Showa50

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Driver: Bless me father, for I have sinned
God: How long has it been since your last ride, my child?

but seriously, how long was your abstinenece before you received this notice?
This is the 2nd one I received. Last ride I gave was around 1st week of October.

Michael - Cleveland

If you intend to keep driving in the future you can just write to them and request your account be kept active. And if you're not going to drive again, well, then it doesn't matter. Thanks for posting the notice to the archive!

Michael - Cleveland

FWIW, I didn't drive from around May 1st until mid-July... I never got that 'warning', but I did get an email saying stuff like they noticed I wasn't driving and asked what was up... I told them I was just to busy but planned on getting back out when I could... they kept the account open until I my time freed up and I started driving again. Didn't seem like much of a big deal.

It's becoming very clear that different Operations Managers have very different approaches to communicating with the drivers in their regions. There's a lot more autonomy in the markets than one one would think... and while I'm sure it serves Uber well in some regards, in others, it makes them look very disorganized and inconsistent. We have to remember that each market is a separate (Raiser) operating company for drivers.

Showa50

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
FWIW, I didn't drive from around May 1st until mid-July... I never got that 'warning', but I did get an email saying stuff like they noticed I wasn't driving and asked what was up... I told them I was just to busy but planned on getting back out when I could... they kept the account open until I my time freed up and I started driving again. Didn't seem like much of a big deal.

It's becoming very clear that different Operations Managers have very different approaches to communicating with the drivers in their regions. There's a lot more autonomy in the markets than one one would think... and while I'm sure it serves Uber well in some regards, in others, it makes them look very disorganized and inconsistent. We have to remember that each market is a separate (Raiser) operating company for drivers.
I know of another driver that went 4 months without being deactivated. He got similar warnings, but ignored them. His account remained active the whole time.

I believe they'll never deactivate accounts of drivers. It looks good on paper to say we have 400K active drivers.