Inaccurate bad rating

MrHotshot1

A rider gave Me a low rating, & told Uber that I "Was running out of gas during the trip". Uber emailed Me with the usual "five-star partners find that getting these issues fixed help keep their ratings high". (I'm a 4.95 rated driver BTW) I responded telling them that didn't happen & perhaps that rider got mixed up. They Emailed back & said "Sorry to hear about this trip.For us to reactivate your vehicle,please send photos that will show that your vehicle is in good working condition". OK. First off, I didn't run out of gas. Wasn't even low during that trip. I know the trip it had to be. It was a Pool that Morning. I know because after I took a break, I topped off. Which it only took $19, so that lets you know it wasn't even close to empty. It's a Hertz rental (Midsize) & was probably about 3/8 when I topped off. Next, how could i run out of gas, refuel, & get the rider to her destination by the estimated time? Maybe I had little Elves in the trunk & they refueled Me at the light? Then, exactly what would these photos I was supposed to send be showing? A gas receipt? The gas hand? Me holding a gas can? I responded again & told them that rider was flatout lying.Then I thought about it. The car has that Auto-start/stop feature. (Or whatever it's called) The engine shuts off when you come to a complete stop, like at a light. I guess she has never experienced that function in a vehicle, & thought i was "running out of gas". Although how many times do you get to run out of gas before refueling? 1 I thought? What do I know though? (Btw My vehicle was never "deactivated" by them, in order to have to be reactivated. They responded saying it wasn't an accusation blah blah blah, & basically I'm good unless a "pattern" develops. I responded 1 last time & told them what it must have been, & that they please make that rider aware of this function in vehicles, so they don't give anymore Drivers a bad rating for something that's the rider fault for not knowing.

Pax Hack

I'm sure it's infuriating. I know it is. But you're gonna have to ease up or you'll get an ulcer real quick. Uber doesn't care about any of what you had to say. "Running out of gas" was classified a certain way in their database and after you get so many of those types of complaints they'll see a pattern and take action. And they certainly aren't going to tell the pax a thing about how cars work. With what you wrote above you spent 10x the effort on this that Uber has. We're just faceless cars driving around committing violations of varying degrees, and the computer keeps up with them and doles out punishment based on predefined lists of possible infractions and whether or not someone was hurt etc. There isn't a human thinking about this, listening to you, understanding what happened, making a note that you were wrongly accused, and then finally, calling the pax to let her know she was mistaken. It just doesn't work that way.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but drivers are a dime a dozen, easily replaced, so they don't try to work with us. They just replace us.

I hate to be a downer but the sooner you understand the better. Still though, sorry about what happened to you. This forum is the ONLY place you'll get heard.

MrHotshot1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm sure it's infuriating. I know it is. But you're gonna have to ease up or you'll get an ulcer real quick. Uber doesn't care about any of what you had to say. "Running out of gas" was classified a certain way in their database and after you get so many of those types of complaints they'll see a pattern and take action. And they certainly aren't going to tell the pax a thing about how cars work. With what you wrote above you spent 10x the effort on this that Uber has. We're just faceless cars driving around committing violations of varying degrees, and the computer keeps up with them and doles out punishment based on predefined lists of possible infractions and whether or not someone was hurt etc. There isn't a human thinking about this, listening to you, understanding what happened, making a note that you were wrongly accused, and then finally, calling the pax to let her know she was mistaken. It just doesn't work that way.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but drivers are a dime a dozen, easily replaced, so they don't try to work with us. They just replace us.

I hate to be a downer but the sooner you understand the better. Still though, sorry about what happened to you. This forum is the ONLY place you'll get heard.
No, I thank you for the feedback. & I now know & understand that they don't care about us.I just wanted to share this with people who actually understand where I was coming from. & that it sucked to get accused of that. I won't waste anymore time responding to them going forward.

Last edited:

MrHotshot1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alway carry a gas can and don't run low on fuel. Customers deserve better than drivers seeing how far they can go on fumes.
Best regards,
Rohit
That's cool. I wasn't even low that day. Actually topped off when i saw some low prices,when I was at like 3/8. No customer saw anything remotely close to running on fumes. That's the only time I ever received a complaint about that. EVER. I've gotten low on a Friday when they constantly kept adding riders to a Pool I had going. I preferred not to tell pax I need to stop & get gas. I knew I had enough anyway. But this wasn't that day. This was absolutely false. They just didn't know newer cars can have that function.

-JR-

A rider gave Me a low rating, & told Uber that I "Was running out of gas during the trip". Uber emailed Me with the usual "five-star partners find that getting these issues fixed help keep their ratings high". (I'm a 4.95 rated driver BTW) I responded telling them that didn't happen & perhaps that rider got mixed up. They Emailed back & said "Sorry to hear about this trip.For us to reactivate your vehicle,please send photos that will show that your vehicle is in good working condition". OK. First off, I didn't run out of gas. Wasn't even low during that trip. I know the trip it had to be. It was a Pool that Morning. I know because after I took a break, I topped off. Which it only took $19, so that lets you know it wasn't even close to empty. It's a Hertz rental (Midsize) & was probably about 3/8 when I topped off. Next, how could i run out of gas, refuel, & get the rider to her destination by the estimated time? Maybe I had little Elves in the trunk & they refueled Me at the light? Then, exactly what would these photos I was supposed to send be showing? A gas receipt? The gas hand? Me holding a gas can? I responded again & told them that rider was flatout lying.Then I thought about it. The car has that Auto-start/stop feature. (Or whatever it's called) The engine shuts off when you come to a complete stop, like at a light. I guess she has never experienced that function in a vehicle, & thought i was "running out of gas". Although how many times do you get to run out of gas before refueling? 1 I thought? What do I know though? (Btw My vehicle was never "deactivated" by them, in order to have to be reactivated. They responded saying it wasn't an accusation blah blah blah, & basically I'm good unless a "pattern" develops. I responded 1 last time & told them what it must have been, & that they please make that rider aware of this function in vehicles, so they don't give anymore Drivers a bad rating for something that's the rider fault for not knowing.
Wait until you get that special pax that ticks EVERY box ?

IMG_4503.PNG

The Texan

That's cool. I wasn't even low that day. Actually topped off when i saw some low prices,when I was at like 3/8. No customer saw anything remotely close to running on fumes. That's the only time I ever received a complaint about that. EVER. I've gotten low on a Friday when they constantly kept adding riders to a Pool I had going. I preferred not to tell pax I need to stop & get gas. I knew I had enough anyway. But this wasn't that day. This was absolutely false. They just didn't know newer cars can have that function.
Mr Hotshot,

John was being sarcastic, and you fell for it, hook, line, and sinker!

BigBadJohn

You know my post was in jest, right?

Rakos

You prolly need a trunk monkey...8>)

Remember when you pick up a pax...

To turn off that feature...8>O

There is a button for that...

Remember with pax in the car...

You have to play to...

The lowest common denominator...8>)

Rakos
484376260_1280x720.jpg

Seamus

No, I thank you for the feedback. & I now know & understand that they don't care about us.I just wanted to share this with people who actually understand where I was coming from. & that it sucked to get accused of that. I won't waste anymore time responding to them going forward.
What you have to understand is its usually not even a real person responding to your emails. Its computer AI reading your email and matching a canned response.

Scott.Sul

You know my post was in jest, right?
Comedy is not allowed on this forum.
You are communicating with those who may have decided driving for Uber is their chosen profession and are unable to differentiate between reality and fantasy.
Please be courteous and refrain from sarcasm.

-JR-

But they didn’t 1* you? Amazing.
Yes, I also found that weird.

It means I keep my 5.00 though.

Even weirder, I haven't found anywhere to cash them in.

I tried to pay for groceries with them the other day... the cashier looked at me like I was crazy!

Seamus

Yes, I also found that weird.

It means I keep my 5.00 though.

Even weirder, I haven't found anywhere to cash them in.

I tried to pay for groceries with them the other day... the cashier looked at me like I was crazy!
It’s the badges that you can cash in!