In the process of becoming a Lift and an Uber driver in Cleveland Ohio....how much should I expect

pjfreak

...to make? I live 3 miles from Cleveland hopkins Airport, and plan on just driving mornings and afternoons mon-fri, thank you all!

pjfreak

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's Uber, Lyft will likely be the same, I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to check their rates.

It should be telling to you that you are getting ready to start a new job and don't have an idea what the pay is. Both companies like their drivers young and dumb, makes it easier to exploit them.
do you drive for either of them?

Disgusted Driver

do you drive for either of them?
Less and less. Used to drive quite a bit when it paid, have over 4000 trips in last 2 years. Now drive mostly only select or late night surge which is becoming rarer and rarer. You might want to look at the Cleveland forum and read up to learn more about your local area.

Define not to bad. Many drivers lie or do not understand what their expenses are. Do the research on this board to learn more.

pjfreak

Less and less. Used to drive quite a bit when it paid, have over 4000 trips in last 2 years. Now drive mostly only select or late night surge which is becoming rarer and rarer. You might want to look at the Cleveland forum and read up to learn more about your local area.

Define not to bad. Many drivers lie or do not understand what their expenses are. Do the research on this board to learn more.
okay, thank you for the information, much appreciated!

fairsailing

Just remember. The rideshare companies benefit from your unpaid miles, you do not. They have many ways to get you to put on more unpaid or low paid miles. Get Triplog or equivalent and run it all the time you are working and use a real number for cost. I use $0.20/mile on my long paid off 07 CRV. This info will inform your ride choices. Good luck to you.

Last edited:

pjfreak

Just remember. The rideshare companies benefit from your unpaid miles, you do not. The have many ways to get you to put on more unpaid or low paid miles. Get Triplog or equivalent and run it all the time you are working and use a real number for cost. I use $0.20/mile on my long paid off 07 CRV. This info will inform your ride choices. Good luck to you.
thank you!

Slim Pete

I need a good laugh once in a while.
Remember, unless you do repairs yourself, a simple fix at the shop can cost you a thousand dollars, more or less.

Also, each mile driven reduces the resale value of your car...

Take all this into account.

Mornings and afternoons, the hours you plan to drive will have a lot of traffic. After you deduct gas, and DEPRECIATION, you will probably be left with 5 dollars an hour.

To make decent money, you got to drive surge or late night, when there's little traffic.

Review this forum thoroughly for more sound advise.

Personally, I only drive weekend nights and surges and special events and make around 14 to 17 an hour, NET, as in after commission, gas, and depreciation.

I tried mornings and afternoons in the beginning, but was only able to net 4 TO 6 bucks an hour. So I gave up.

On the positive side, you legally don't need to pay any taxes die to the IRS DEDUCTION, but on the flip side, you don't receive any "benefits" from this job either.

Slim Pete

Just remember. The rideshare companies benefit from your unpaid miles.
Rideshare companies also benefit a lot from minimum fare rides, because in addition to the 25%, they also get the booking fee. So it works out to roughly 40% of the fare. So just for playing Matchmaker, they keep 40%.