1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

In Defense of Pool

Discussion in 'Advice' started by UberLady10001, May 3, 2018.

1. UberLady10001

UberLady10001

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm interested in getting opinions about Pool. Yes? or No?

While I agree many pool rides can be quite discomforting, I go ahead and take them anyway for the following reasons:

1. They tend to be longer rides which means less wait time between rides, less deadheading, etc., and that adds up to a bigger bottom line at the end of the evening.
    2. Instead of having to make small talk with a PAX and act fake interested in their life, I can just tune them out and let them fight among themselves while I just sit back and drive. Pool riders don't expect the full UBER experience.
    3. Cheaper rides for customers means more riders and more business for everybody.
    4. I like the idea of less cars on the road, less carbon monoxide and other pollutants and greenhouse gasses, less global warming, less traffic, etc.
    (Disclaimer: self-admitted nature loving, Mother-Nature-Justice-Warrior/Do-Gooder. One of the soy people.)

I'd be interested in knowing any other takes on Pool. Positive or negative.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    emdeplam, koyotemohn, Quest09 and 4 others like this.
  2. Wh4tev3r!!!!

Wh4tev3r!!!!

It may mean more riders but it takes less drivers to move those riders when they double up in one car so that's bad for fellow drivers. If you take two riders, that means that's one less ride available for another driver. Uber makes out but you loose out by going the same route with more people, wasting your time and gas for the same pay and another driver misses out on the second rider because you picked them up for next to nothing.

only thing good about it is the 2 minute timer. That 2 minutes really goes fast when you slow roll up.

3. somedriverguy

somedriverguy

Driving:
    UberXL
    Pool/line are long term losing propositions. Any short term gain will be wiped out in the long run and then your regular business is lower on top of the losses you incur doing pool on the first place.

4. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

I feel like I’m serving as many people in the community as best I can when I accept pool requests.

5. somedriverguy

somedriverguy

Driving:
    UberXL
    You can serve your community with free rides off app. Think how good you will feel then.

6. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Do all the pool you want. You can have mine!

Jay Dean, UBERBUS_LA, Termie and 13 others like this.
  7. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

I feel more comfortable knowing I’m insured by Raiser, LLC.

8. somedriverguy

somedriverguy

Driving:
    UberXL
    Your personal insurance covers you (and random strangers) picking up random strangers and driving them around, so long as you do not get paid. Your personal insurance's deductable is also lower.

And this isn't about money, you said you wanted to help your community.

delock51, KenLV, 2Cents and 7 others like this.
  9. jazzapt

jazzapt

The only part of Pool I like

The question here is how may pool riders (or to be even more exact here, Express Pool riders) are being taken away from public transit?

Anytime you are removing riders from a vehicle that serves 10's to 100's of passengers and putting them in one that only fits 4, that is not good any of those items you mentioned.

Gibman73, tootsie, eXperiment and 5 others like this.
  10. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Deductable is spelled deductible. How do you know my personal deductible is lower?

11. somedriverguy

somedriverguy

Driving:
    UberXL
    You're right, I don't know. I like to start off assuming the other person isn't a moron. If your personal insurance deductable is over $1000 then by all means, UBER on. You definitely need the money.

Steve B.., XPG, LA_Native and 2 others like this.
  12. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Again deductable is spelled deductible.

13. somedriverguy

somedriverguy

Driving:
    UberXL
    You're right again. Hey everybody! Logic and reason are completely negated by spelling and grammar errors! Get out their and pool for millions! Go! Go! Go!

delock51, Steve B.., tootsie and 10 others like this.
  14. Pool never gets justice, thanks for serving the community

Ant-Man and 1.5xorbust like this.
  15. Dropking

Dropking

1. you make less money in urban areas with reasonable demand by taking pool or line. this is because your money is made on maximizing miles, not time.

2. pool and line pax rarely tip.

3. pool and line pax rate you substantially lower on average, which is why the companies have been trying to mitigate this fact in their rating system.

16. oldfart

oldfart

Driving:
    UberXL

Gotta say I don’t much care that I’m taking rides from other drivers. I’m more interested in my bottom line than yours

Every time I take any ride that’s one less ride for other drivers. Maybe I should drive a few hours less each week and leave something for my fellow drivers

Quest09, JoshInReno, New2This and 3 others like this.
  17. Dropking

Dropking

you are missing the point. his response was to someone taking pool rides who claims to care about people and society.

18. JimKE

JimKE

WOW...you are like, SO cool! I get goosebumps.

(if that's offensive to any gooses, I sincerely apologize!)

19. oldfart

oldfart

Driving:
    UberXL
    This is what I meant to respond to

“It may mean more riders but it takes less drivers to move those riders when they double up in one car so that's bad for fellow drivers. If you take two riders, that means that's one less ride available for another driver. “

Rickshaw likes this.
  20. To test out your theory, why don't you pick up Pools and ExpressPools exclusively for the next 6 months. Report your results here thereafter. If we don't see your results or any posts from you then, we can assume your experiment failed and your community ate through your bottom line. If you think you gained any headway, we'll follow your lead. Good luck.

PS: your earning should include tips, and your ratings and feedbacks should be average or higher.

KenLV, eXperiment, 2Cents and 4 others like this.