In Dallas for work

OptOutside

Well ladies and gentlemen, it's been fun... but as some of you know, I've been looking for another insurance claims job for a WHILE. An opportunity came up to work hurricane claims, so I packed my bags and cat - and I'm now here in Dallas. Still recovering from the 1400 mile drive here, start work Thursday. Will be 3-5 months or longer.

Anyway, my budget will be tight until my first check on the 22nd. Besides Priceline & Airbnb, anyone have an recommendations for lodging? (I'm in some cheap hotel room for the night until I find something else).

Any advice would be helpful!

(On another note, I pulled off the 10 east last night to pee, and a herd of giant wild boars ran in front of my car!! They must have been the size of cows!! But with tusks!! :eek: :eek: :eek: )

One less LA driver for you all to worry about :p

MHR

You do know the boars can kill you right? Oh, and if you see a deer run in front of you stop for a sec, they'll usually be a few more coming behind them.

But hey, welcome to Texas.

Go post on the Dallas forum page. They can give ideas of where to stay.

OptOutside

Oh I know, I drove wayyyy down the highway to a well lit gas station after seeing those boars. They were scary!!

I won't have to Uber here. Guess I'm feeling a little homesick and felt like posting in the LA forum :frown:

Alt-right Leader

Well ladies and gentlemen, it's been fun... but as some of you know, I've been looking for another insurance claims job for a WHILE. An opportunity came up to work hurricane claims, so I packed my bags and cat - and I'm now here in Dallas. Still recovering from the 1400 mile drive here, start work Thursday. Will be 3-5 months or longer.

Anyway, my budget will be tight until my first check on the 22nd. Besides Priceline & Airbnb, anyone have an recommendations for lodging? (I'm in some cheap hotel room for the night until I find something else).

Any advice would be helpful!

(On another note, I pulled off the 10 east last night to pee, and a herd of giant wild boars ran in front of my car!! They must have been the size of cows!! But with tusks!! :eek: :eek: :eek: )

One less LA driver for you all to worry about :p
Did you #2 your shorts?