• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

In California ONLY, Uber caps UberX cut at 25%. Multiplier surge is back! No rate cut! I must be seeing things!

MuchoMiles

It’s a hoax from Silicon Valley.

peanuts = peanuts. No changes.

If Silicon Valley was interested in good-will, they wouldn’t be maneuvering behind the scenes to prepare for the kill

It’s lose-lose for drivers. THAT WILL NOT CHANGE EVER !!!

Get your imagination going man, a new vision is needed. RIDESHARE IS NOT PROFITABLE AFTER ALL COST.

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS, DELETE THE APP !!!!

uberdriverfornow

okay i just did my first Pool trip under the new system, they do tell you what the pax paid

you have to click on it to open it up

honestly i cant figure out how they calculated it but I definitely got a bigger piece of the pie under the new system and Uber seems to have taken 20% or so afteer adding up what both riders paid

at this point I love it, but I will see after an X trip

Attachments

nonononodrivethru

heres an X trip...on X trips they dont show you what pax paid apparently since it is based on total fare for the ride it is likely the total fare that they paid

uber takes the 25%
So Uber is taking 25% of the fare, plus third party fees, plus booking fee and not showing you how much pax paid?

Brilliant transparency. This still sounds like 35%+ of the fare at the end of the day.
Post automatically merged:

Uber keeps way more than 25-28%- Check your total charges and you will be able to calculate UBER IS KEEPING 40%+ Min - even on longer rides. They charge a booking fee of min $2.90 and then tack on a service fee of $xx.xx. I screen shot a ride that I’m trying to get Uber to acknowledge they aren’t honoring their agreement
Uber is going to subtract booking fee and a bunch of other fees and take 25% of that. Then they're going to say, "But we're only taking 25% of the fare!" When they're actually taking 40% and burying it in a bunch of fees.

Uber math.

Last edited:

dirtylee

So Uber is taking 25% of the fare, plus third party fees, plus booking fee and not showing you how much pax paid?

Brilliant transparency. This still sounds like 35%+ of the fare at the end of the day.

Uber is going to subtract booking fee and a bunch of other fees and take 25% of that. Then they're going to say, "But we're only taking 25% of the fare!" When they're actually taking 40% and burying it in a bunch of fees.

Uber math.
The booking fee is insurance. Black/SUV drivers get 75% of the booking fee as well when they take X because they have full on commercial insurance.

Nats121

Uber no longer shows the driver a breakdown of the fare. I.e. what the rider paid for the trip.....so we take their word they are only taking 25% ???? Look, I may have been born on a weekend, but not last weekend.

In my 4 years driving Uber, not once have they made a change that has been an overall benefit to the driver. I would expect no less from them today.

Thank you for your time
Unlike the previous times they've made changes, their very survival could be at stake depending on what happens in California.

Obviously they're going to try to offer as little as possible to the drivers and wiggle/loophole their way out of what have offered, but they realize they have to give something if they're to have any hope of avoiding employee status for the drivers.

This is why it's up to the drivers to be more vigilant than ever before by not only making sure Uber doesn't wiggle their way out of the current changes, but demand even more changes, such as implementing a system that puts an end to unjust firings of drivers.

If they wanted to make it a real improvement then any pax who doesn’t rate the driver should automatically get 5 stars!
I used to advocate that very policy until it dawned on me that Uber being Uber, they'll simply move the goalposts back.

An automatic 5-star system of that type will cause every drivers' rating to increase, and Uber's response will be to raise to minimum rating required to keep this job, which means the drivers will be no better off than they are now.

The ratings system itself should be abolished.

Last edited:

SHalester

Or was the booking fee just reworded into Third Party fees?
no. In there is city/county 10 cent charge. I updated my post above to include a SFO ride under old and new fare setup. Few miles/time difference, but pretty darn close; shows a raise.

Nats121

Didn’t these guys report to the SEC during the ipo that the take rate was 25 % ? Wouldn’t anything above that be fraud ?
Have you ever heard of Hollywood accounting?

Just like Hollywood accounting, Uber can be very creative in how they calculate take rates.

The 25% figure was worldwide. They didn't release the numbers by country, including the US. The SEC should have required it.

All of the discounted trips, coupons, and promotions pax use don't change the fact that Uber is grabbing 50% on most trips.

Uber should never be getting more than a 25% cut of a ride, period.

One trip with a cut that's higher than 25% is one too many.