In-app chat feature

janewalch

is something that uber needs to add. Far too many times i will show up to a destination and can not find the rider and when I call I get a message in another language pretty much telling me their phone doesn't work in the states.

Also, this happens all the time when doing airport pickups for me at LAX when I get a ping at international terminals.

They should add a chat option that functions through the app since texts also would not send to a nonworking phone.

Just a thought...

asriznet

I can confirm this feature is now on! Was surprised to get an in-app message from rider for exact pick up location. or has it been on for awhile and i only noticed it now? :rolleyes:

nickd8775

is something that uber needs to add. Far too many times i will show up to a destination and can not find the rider and when I call I get a message in another language pretty much telling me their phone doesn't work in the states.

Also, this happens all the time when doing airport pickups for me at LAX when I get a ping at international terminals.

They should add a chat option that functions through the app since texts also would not send to a nonworking phone.

Just a thought...
That's an automatic cancel fee. I love airport rides like that. They'll never find me in the sea of cars so don't even try