• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Impossible to get blocks

Illidan

Everytime I try to get a block it says it's taken. Is basically everyone using scripts now and the only way to grab them?

oicu812

Single blocks are difficult but not impossible to get. If you're flexible in the warehouses you work, getting blocks won't be a problem.

Woohaa

Everytime I try to get a block it says it's taken. Is basically everyone using scripts now and the only way to grab them?
You're probably going for them too late. I never had a problem getting blocks as I would get up early, grab my blocks then go back to bed.

Nick Starr

I haven't driven for Amazon for over a year, but just added the app back to my phone. Seems there are TONS of shifts always available. I can't remember which are Prime Now only, b/c I don't want to do .com orders.

uberer2016

That's flex...not prime now. Prime now blocks disaapear quickly. Flex blocks are different because there are the base blocks which pay the minimum $18/hr. Those are almost always available. The increased rate block for flex, which could pay anywhere from $19/hr to $28/hr disappear much more quickly for obvious reasons.

I only take blocks when they pay at least $21/hr. With rising gas prices, I become even more selective in my block selections.

wb6vpm

That's flex...not prime now. Prime now blocks disaapear quickly. Flex blocks are different because there are the base blocks which pay the minimum $18/hr. Those are almost always available. The increased rate block for flex, which could pay anywhere from $19/hr to $28/hr disappear much more quickly for obvious reasons.

I only take blocks when they pay at least $21/hr. With rising gas prices, I become even more selective in my block selections.
Not in Riverside (DLA5), Prime blocks tend to go pretty quickly here (we also don't have Now out here), also, we can't select other warehouses to work, we are locked into DLA5...

Although, it does seem like the blocks have gotten easier as of late, maybe they finally blocked the automated grabbers?

2019-04-23 12.30.47.png

uberer2016

Not in Riverside (DLA5), Prime blocks tend to go pretty quickly here (we also don't have Now out here), also, we can't select other warehouses to work, we are locked into DLA5...

Although, it does seem like the blocks have gotten easier as of late, maybe they finally blocked the automated grabbers?

View attachment 314148
Only one warehouse? Here in LA/OC area, there's like 1 in OC, 3 in LA and 1 in Chino. I live close enough to these warehouses that if DLA9 (Irvine) isn't busy, I could always look for the other warehouses. I hope they give $75/3-hr blocks more often because of the rising gas prices.

wb6vpm

Only one warehouse? Here in LA/OC area, there's like 1 in OC, 3 in LA and 1 in Chino. I live close enough to these warehouses that if DLA9 (Irvine) isn't busy, I could always look for the other warehouses. I hope they give $75/3-hr blocks more often because of the rising gas prices.
There are other warehouses around the I.E., (such as Eastvale, Redlands etc.) but if you are a DLA5 driver, you are locked to DLA5 and cannot see select/see any other warehouses.

OCUberGuy

In Southern California there are a bunch of blocks available for the Rosemead location, not sure why? Irvine has been sparse for this week.

oicu812

In Southern California there are a bunch of blocks available for the Rosemead location, not sure why? Irvine has been sparse for this week.
You want to know why Rosemead blocks are usually always available? It's because the way they're running things, shit gets backed up all the time. You'll be lucky if you get out of the station 30 minutes past your start time. Whatever your block length, subtract 30 minutes and that's the time you have left to get to your first stop in traffic and deliver the rest. If you happen to go over, good luck getting the $9 pay adjustments.

I'd rather finish early and go do something else than getting pay adjustments as they will pay for your time spent to the nearest 15 minutes.

OCUberGuy

You want to know why Rosemead blocks are usually always available? It's because the way they're running things, shit gets backed up all the time. You'll be lucky if you get out of the station 30 minutes past your start time. Whatever your block length, subtract 30 minutes and that's the time you have left to get to your first stop in traffic and deliver the rest. If you happen to go over, good luck getting the $9 pay adjustments.

I'd rather finish early and go do something else than getting pay adjustments as they will pay for your time spent to the nearest 15 minutes.
Go to know, I’ve gotten reimbursed twice for crazy loads. The 3.5 loads seems the worse, especially if you have a lot of mobile home parks and apartments. Irvine seems to run pretty smooth.

Watup

Dam , Chicago for 12:30 block they let us in the warehouse at 12:15 and we out by 12:25 -12:30