IMPORTANT MSG FOR NEWER DRIVERS

KibblesNBitz

Those of us who have been driving for a long time learned the tricks of the trade. For us to continue making better money than the average rates, it is important for us to inform you on an important tactic. This works when the collective uses the same tactic.

- When there are no guarantees it is very important to log off when it is not surging- this manipulates the Uber algorithm and creates Surge- in the good ole' days we as drivers controlled the Surge. Make sure to log off when it isn't surging and when it get high enough (your call) log back on and get paid better. It's that easy. Better to drive less and make more than drive more and make less or the same.

Life lesson: Work smarter, not harder.

KibblesNBitz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Make sure to bump this thread for the next couple days. It's really important for the newer drivers to see this.

Tedgey

Sorry to break the news to you.
That doesn't work anymore.

FREE FOR ALL

If you havent figured this game out already just quit if you arn't happy.

Enjoy your 4th.
Cheers.
It never has. It could only be effective if there are only a dozen drivers in your market and you regularly meet for pizza to collaborate and fix prices. With 50,000 drivers in a market all you'll be doing is watching new drivers take money losing rides. A different strategy is needed.

Beur

It never has. It could only be effective if there are only a dozen drivers in your market and you regularly meet for pizza to collaborate and fix prices. With 50,000 drivers in a market all you'll be doing is watching new drivers take money losing rides. A different strategy is needed.
Works well in a small market like PS until Uber onboards a bunch of knuckleheads from Riverside who are forced to drive out here to work.

I was hunting drivers down this weekend, drove to them and told them to log the _____ off. Few understood that yellow and orange wasn't going to get them surge coin. Even fewer knew WTF surge was.

Tedgey

This is completely serious: Who would be interested in going in on 1,000 brochures with me for Uber drivers? It would include all info about how to properly drive, how to not f**k up the surge and how to make real money?
A thousand wouldn't even come close. I've heard guesses of over 50,000 drivers in Southern California. I think the best thing we can do is figure out a way to make it work for us individually. Meaning I do best working early morning. But early morning doesn't work all over the map. I think I'm pretty well in touch with the trends in my area specifically at that time. Maybe you can't work at that time, kid goes to skating practice or whatever. But whatever time is best for you, there are trends that are identifiable and you can exploit them, even with the overabundance of drivers. Trying to get everyone on board with a particular idea won't work because there are too many drivers, most of whom we lack the network to reach, and also because many of them right or wrong, feel like the way they're doing it is working for them

Tedgey

This is completely serious: Who would be interested in going in on 1,000 brochures with me for Uber drivers? It would include all info about how to properly drive, how to not f**k up the surge and how to make real money?
And so I can toor my horn for a second, when I said I feel I'm pretty well in touch with my area I let two of these ping through this morning

2016-07-05 12.56.59.png

And the second one looked the same but was X. Then a minute later accepted this one.

2016-07-05 12.58.52.png

It's about making it work for you.

XUberMike

Those of us who have been driving for a long time learned the tricks of the trade. For us to continue making better money than the average rates, it is important for us to inform you on an important tactic. This works when the collective uses the same tactic.

- When there are no guarantees it is very important to log off when it is not surging- this manipulates the Uber algorithm and creates Surge- in the good ole' days we as drivers controlled the Surge. Make sure to log off when it isn't surging and when it get high enough (your call) log back on and get paid better. It's that easy. Better to drive less and make more than drive more and make less or the same.

Life lesson: Work smarter, not harder.
Take it one step further, entirely close out (not just log off) Partner APP, use PAX to monitor surge and log in