importance of having pepper spray

TRugen

huh, from TX, but knows BART stations. Hum, indeed.
Actually I was thinking New York. We fly often, and I’ve taken the subway many times, but I’ve never had anyone refer it to Bart.

so what’s Bart? Bart stations? Not in nyc but I’m not a local so I could be wrong.

Feel free to educate me, and maybe I’ll buy you a round next time you’re in TX (Rainey since you’re a tourist, might even wrangle a few bats for you near sunset—COVID free of course).

Monkeyman4394

Actually I was thinking New York. We fly often, and I’ve taken the subway many times, but I’ve never had anyone refer it to Bart.

so what’s Bart? Bart stations? Not in nyc but I’m not a local so I could be wrong.

Feel free to educate me, and maybe I’ll buy you a round next time you’re in TX (Rainey since you’re a tourist, might even wrangle a few bats for you near sunset—COVID free of course).
Bay Area Rapid Transit. One of the many things that make the Bay Area amazing.

TRugen

Bay Area Rapid Transit. One of the many things that make the Bay Area amazing.
Thank you for kindly explaining!

I plan on moving to NYC (and I just realize it’s New York not NYC where that poster is located) so I was unsure.

The subways are gross and old but kind of unavoidable, at least if my projections of my income in nyc is correct.

Monkeyman4394

Gross, but interesting. There’s a lot to see and hear and it’s not the same world that it was in the 70s and 80s. New York, I mean. The BART is mostly clean, or it was when I was last there, a few years ago.

TRugen

Gross, but interesting. There’s a lot to see and hear and it’s not the same world that it was in the 70s and 80s. New York, I mean. The BART is mostly clean, or it was when I was last there, a few years ago.
I spent a summer (precovid) at my friend’s spot in Brooklyn. His rent is reasonable and the area seems more lit then Jersey (I really don’t want to drive in) but I’m trying to transition to a full time employee.

I don’t know what it was like in the 70s/80s but I love the energy there. It’s more of my scene I feel.

Monkeyman4394

I spent a summer (precovid) at my friend’s spot in Brooklyn. His rent is reasonable and the area seems more lit then Jersey (I really don’t want to drive in) but I’m trying to transition to a full time employee.

I don’t know what it was like in the 70s/80s but I love the energy there. It’s more of my scene I feel.
Seamus and a few others would be good people to ask some questions.

Trafficat

Sabre Red is a good brand of gel that'll go where you aim it and not bounce off or overspray. I had to use it a few times in my car and every time it went in the face of my attacker.
The cops also use Sabre Red so that's the brand I'd go with.
Post automatically merged:

Pulling a weapon (even of the non-lethal variety) removes the option of a relatively peaceful resolution.
You use the weapon only after peaceful resolution is otherwise impossible. At that point, I believe in restoring peace through superior firepower.

The great thing about pepper spray is that you probably won't even have to involve the cops. And if you do have to, chances of being charged with something are relatively low. If you shoot the guy with a gun, it's going to be hard to avoid involving the cops and you're more likely to have to prove it was justifiable in court.

Fargle

The cops also use Sabre Red so that's the brand I'd go with.
Post automatically merged:

You use the weapon only after peaceful resolution is otherwise impossible. At that point, I believe in restoring peace through superior firepower.

The great thing about pepper spray is that you probably won't even have to involve the cops. And if you do have to, chances of being charged with something are relatively low. If you shoot the guy with a gun, it's going to be hard to avoid involving the cops and you're more likely to have to prove it was justifiable in court.

When I deployed it and cops were involved, they shrugged and said something like "Yep, he did it to himself. Don't worry.". I haven't had to shoot anyone yet, but I did draw on and scare off a junkie breaking things and threatening me and my neighbor at my home. That too was regarded as justified by the cops.

kbrown

Yesterday at a drive thought .
A homeless person was walking towards my car.
I yell at them stop DO NOT COME TO MY CAR !
This person heard me and kept coming .
I yelled get the f away from my car ! I will spray you to the ground !
This homeless person did not listen .
The idiot put there hands on me and tried to unlock my car !!!!! To pull me out !
This is in a good area not the ghetto. Well the guy did the pepper pepper spray challenge . One nice heavy blast in the face. one more when he starting to come back again . About 3 seconds later he falls to the ground screaming.
Me i call 911 ask them if they want to send a cop for a follow up report. I said if im concerned this situation is resolved .
No police or ems was sent Zero need for a idiot .
I did get the food for my delivery and went to the next .
He was laying there the entire time i was in the drive through line about 5 minutes . I told the workers what happened and the police are not coming im not pressing charges for him touching me and trying to pull me out of the car . Just leave that guy alone hes enjoying the pepper spray challenge .
This spray takes about 45 minutes to wear off .
With out the spray we would be going hand to hand and i do not enjoy hurting anybody so he should thank who ever he only got the spray.
Disclaimer the police were call i followed there advice it was self defense . Police said if i did not want to press charges they did not need to come out. Or to stop the bullshit now . I will say this is a fictional story .
I have pepper spray and a taser.

Bring it.

observer

What brand do yo carry? I like POM pepper spray.

Keep your windows up and your doors locked to help avoid these kind of attacks.
My daughter just started working a few hours a week at a Subway in the downtown area.

In the last week there was one guy shot and killed three blocks from her job another shot a block from her job and several incidents of unstable people wandering in to her place of work.

All in broad daylight.

I'm more worried about the unstable people that wander in.

I've ordered her a POM spray and a couple extra for me and my boys.