• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I'm Winning Are You?!!!

RUSSREED2.0

Well everyone we are reaching the end of 2016! Uber has changed my life in numerous ways:
(1) I will say, I have more work freedom
(2) I'm actually enjoying life
(3) In some regards my stress has dropped 100 fold.

I'm bringing this up because we do for the most part have an fairly easy job. Some weeks are longer on the road, others are well non-existent. But the question is, are you winning? Are you enjoying your life? If not why? As someone told me: Boy, you better go get yo life, so how about you? Are you winning at life?

tohunt4me

Well everyone we are reaching the end of 2016! Uber has changed my life in numerous ways:
(1) I will say, I have more work freedom
(2) I'm actually enjoying life
(3) In some regards my stress has dropped 100 fold.

I'm bringing this up because we do for the most part have an fairly easy job. Some weeks are longer on the road, others are well non-existent. But the question is, are you winning? Are you enjoying your life? If not why? As someone told me: Boy, you better go get yo life, so how about you? Are you winning at life?
How's your " CARMA"?

Rammmmin

Wining has different meanings and objectives for any individual, uber is awesome if you just dropped off the boat and speak no English and don't know any skills, craft ,obviously uber is god given and i know many with those description which uber changed their life , but as la times called this uber job OUT SOURCING inside anerica , it is worst than slavery, obviously i do uber cause i need it but i hate it is disgraceful and worst ethic business ever practiced.

sekani

Compared to my old job I'm making slightly less money.

But, I'm working fewer hours, get to set my own schedule, have less stress, and I have time to go back to school and enjoy life a little.

Uber is allowing me to create a better future for myself, cause by the time self-driving cars are a thing, I'll be one of the people programing them.

So yeah, I'll tolerate their crap for now cause I know it's a means to an end.

TheNoobinator

When did you start?

Because get ready to drop your pants , summer is the best quarter of the year and it's about over and the very slow period will begin in November and the famine lasts until January.

tevee123

When did you start?

Because get ready to drop your pants , summer is the best quarter of the year and it's about over and the very slow period will begin in November and the famine lasts until January.
They said that the summer was the slow time? haha, when is the real slow time?

money time

I won every single time I did pool, the bastards waved the white flag and opted me out of pool.:frown: Hopefully I didn't raise any red flags.:oopsies: I hope it's just a glitch or this will be the weekend pool was taken away from me forever.:frown:
tell us more please

TheNoobinator

People on this board, because of the university students not being here?

They probably mean Labor Day weekend. I mean it's true students are off summer.

Students do not make up the any majority of the transportation industry. It's mainly tourists, out of state and out of country peeps.

SorryBluetoothOnly

People on this board, because of the university students not being here?
Wishful thinking. Regular people massively outnumber college students in this city - this isn't Austin or Boston.. Even though weather is pretty nice throughout the year in LA, people are much more active in the summer months.

Also, many LA residents are transplants, and a lot of people visit home at various times and lengths during the holiday season.

Coaststarlight

As much of a pain uber is I greatly prefer this flexibility, it's the only job that I've been able to handle and manage so consistently having severe ocd, on top of that I love driving, I'd honestly complain alot less if I didn't have such a hatred for dishonesty, but yes, as it stands, being a driver is worth the headaches uber throws at you

LA Dispatcher

tell us more please
My car no longer appears on the pax app and I haven't received any pool requests since the last update a couple of days ago. Pool discount pricing is mostly determined by a small sample size of data based on the probability of being matched. If you get a highly discounted pool ping coupled with a platinum boost and don't take additional pax, every trip you take this way becomes a huge loss for Uber. This causes the same discounted pool ride to go up. If you combine all factors, you can hedge yourself some nice fares or a more efficient destination filter. I'm not saying I did this or telling anyone to do this, just something to keep in mind.:wink: