I'm sure this has been asked before but here I go again..

kevin046

why are certain drivers getting great Quest offers like this one 40 rides for $100 and I keep getting crap like SIXTY for $85? I have completed 60 (or anything even remotely close to that) rides since the founding of Timbuktu practically yet I KEEP GETTING 60 ride quests. Again , why me? How is this fair? This is the one thing that truly pisses me off (well besides rates too low and lack of surge). How do I go about getting 30 or 40 for 100? This week has been exceptionally hard to be a surge only driver when the surge is not there and damn, I still have bills to pay. What gives????

Attachments

• IMG_0354.PNG
    IMG_0354.PNG
    73.9 KB · Views: 72

Yellowmamba24

Idk how long you've been driving for but...
Weekdays...are not suppose to be good at all...
Follow my schedule...
MON: Start at 3AM-10/11AM
: 4PM - 7PM
TUE: 3AM - 8AM
WED: 3AM - 8AM
THUR: 3AM - 8AM
I would recommend you to have either all 3 days off or at least 2 of these slow days off...and to get your body ready for the weekends
FRI: 12PM - 4AM (any in between u can start and end is ur choice)
SAT: 6AM - 6AM (*)
SUN: 6AM - 10PM

**Check for events everyday...Ex. concerts, sporting events...and set destination to get there before it ends so u can get ur surge on

And imo quest is random...I get 60 trips for 60, 40 trips for 100, 15 trips for 35, 20 trips for 145, 30 for 95, etc...

weykool

The real quest-ion is why do they keep send out quests that they know the driver is not going to try to complete.
Just a waste of time.
I got 15 for $25.....$1.66 not worth the crappy short rides.

UberLaLa

Oh, sorry for hijacking the post... psssk it's true Quest is a random lot of nonsense!

And a Surge Killing, bait switching, Driver manipulating scam.

It took me a couple weeks (maybe even 3!) to get my driver mojo back after doing that 30/90. :confused:

Honestly, all Quest does is make us drive more hours to earn a few more $'s. It does not replace smart driving.

Last edited:

RunWithScissors

I keep getting crap like SIXTY for $85?

you're getting 60-for-$85 cause fuber know you're doing 40 to 50 rides already. it's their way to nudge you to drive (stay online) for more hours than you would normally

so you're out longer looking for rides to quest

same does gawd knows how many hundreds of other drivers in the same boat: out earlier, staying on the road longer much later looking for rides to quest. this works in fuber's favor, not in the driver's best interest

a driver-partner may think quest-ing 40-for-$100 is a good way to earn an extra $100

it is good if the driver already completed 35 rides earned at an at least $20-per-online-hour rate, that final 5 rides now look like an additonal $20-per-ride

it is bad if the driver is putting together 2 or 3 $3-minimum rides per hour, trying to add together more rides per hour per shift, looking to quest, instead of looking how to raise the per online hour earnings, rather than (as mentioned) smartly more earnings in as fewer online hours possible

kevin046

you're getting 60-for-$85 cause fuber know you're doing 40 to 50 rides already. it's their way to nudge you to drive (stay online) for more hours than you would normally

so you're out longer looking for rides to quest

same does gawd knows how many hundreds of other drivers in the same boat: out earlier, staying on the road longer much later looking for rides to quest. this works in fuber's favor, not in the driver's best interest

a driver-partner may think quest-ing 40-for-$100 is a good way to earn an extra $100

it is good if the driver already completed 35 rides earned at an at least $20-per-online-hour rate, that final 5 rides now look like an additonal $20-per-ride

it is bad if the driver is putting together 2 or 3 $3-minimum rides per hour, trying to add together more rides per hour per shift, looking to quest, instead of looking how to raise the per online hour earnings, rather than (as mentioned) smartly more earnings in as fewer online hours possible

Good points. But I'm doing 40-50 rides these days per week, NOT per Mon - Thursday. That's what is so frustrating. Especially when surge driving doesn't always work (like this week)

Did 6 trips today for a little over 160...don't chase Quest. (4 hours online)

If I got a 6 for 100...I would not have earned as much. I've done a 30 for 90 and it wasn't worth the effort.

I haven't chased quests in a while now. Although this past weekend I actually obtained it just thru surge driving. But sometimes only driving for surge is really difficult (like this week) when there hasn't been a lot of surge or when there is 'fake' surge. Hoping today is a better day :smiles:

UberLaLa

Good points. But I'm doing 40-50 rides these days per week, NOT per Mon - Thursday. That's what is so frustrating. Especially when surge driving doesn't always work (like this week)

I haven't chased quests in a while now. Although this past weekend I actually obtained it just thru surge driving. But sometimes only driving for surge is really difficult (like this week) when there hasn't been a lot of surge or when there is 'fake' surge. Hoping today is a better day :smiles:

There isn't a lot of Surge...wait for it...because too many drivers are chasing Quests.

Last edited:

FreakOfNature

Screenshot_2017-09-11-09-23-17.jpg

The sooner you learn to drive smarter the better off you will be because eventually uber will change the game, they always do, and all those quest rides will be all you've learned how to do.

tunaskeet

Idk how long you've been driving for but...
Weekdays...are not suppose to be good at all...
Follow my schedule...
MON: Start at 3AM-10/11AM
: 4PM - 7PM
TUE: 3AM - 8AM
WED: 3AM - 8AM
THUR: 3AM - 8AM
I would recommend you to have either all 3 days off or at least 2 of these slow days off...and to get your body ready for the weekends
FRI: 12PM - 4AM (any in between u can start and end is ur choice)
SAT: 6AM - 6AM (*)
SUN: 6AM - 10PM

**Check for events everyday...Ex. concerts, sporting events...and set destination to get there before it ends so u can get ur surge on

And imo quest is random...I get 60 trips for 60, 40 trips for 100, 15 trips for 35, 20 trips for 145, 30 for 95, etc...
Nice , digging the schedule I almost do the same thing except I split the day during the week , but I think I'll start that 3 am because after noon rush sux , but it's hard to go to bed early enough to get up

kevin046

There isn't a lot of Surge...wait for it...because too many drivers are chasing Quests.

I've been waiting patiently and have been let down this week. Thankfully I did ok last week but this week has sucked ba**s. I'm wondering if the ants are chasing more quests lately because the surge hasn't been good. Or is everyone and their momma a damn Uber driver now? Arrghhh.

UberLaLa

I've been waiting patiently and have been let down this week. Thankfully I did ok last week but this week has sucked ba**s. I'm wondering if the ants are chasing more quests lately because the surge hasn't been good. Or is everyone and their momma a damn Uber driver now? Arrghhh.

Yes&Yes

And ask yourself....Self, what have I done differently this week..?