I'm soooo tempted to do this

UberIsAllFubared

I'm so tempted to do this.

On our dashboard under profile.

"I am deaf or hard of hearing.

Turn on this feature to notify riders that you are deaf or hard of hearing, ask riders to enter destination, and turn off calls from riders. To turn on/off this feature in the Uber Partner App, go to Accessibility settings, select "I'm deaf or hard of hearing" and "Use flash for requests" to enable visually enhanced alerts during rider requests."

No more stupid conversations. No more "so do you like doing uber?". Just drive with no distraction from passenger. I may even get the pity tips.

Tedgey

I'm so tempted to do this.

On our dashboard under profile.

"I am deaf or hard of hearing.

Turn on this feature to notify riders that you are deaf or hard of hearing, ask riders to enter destination, and turn off calls from riders. To turn on/off this feature in the Uber Partner App, go to Accessibility settings, select "I'm deaf or hard of hearing" and "Use flash for requests" to enable visually enhanced alerts during rider requests."

No more stupid conversations. No more "so do you like doing uber?". Just drive with no distraction from passenger. I may even get the pity tips.
This has been done before by everybody's favorite poster Just Another Uber Drive. So don't go to bed just yet. We might have woken him up.

Just Another Uber Drive

This has been done before by everybody's favorite poster Just Another Uber Drive. So don't go to bed just yet. We might have woken him up.
There is a very noticable increase in cancellations and there is a slight decline in ratings but nothing too drastic. And people tend to yell everything at you. Which is quite annoying when you forget you have that setting turned on and it is the reason I turned that setting off.

However, I never pretended I was deaf and when people brought it up I'd just blame it on Uber. I'd tell them about how stacked pings work and that Uber was probably just trying to get people used to entering their destination to help facilitate stacked pings.

What really surprised me was how many people expressed relief that I wasn't deaf. Why anybody would care if their driver was deaf is not something that makes any sort of sense to me. Deaf drivers are far less likely to be distracted by pax questions and other antics. And I belive pax distractions are the main cause of accidents in ride-share.

Having close to 100% of the pax entering their destination is nice. Also you don't get phone calls. Texts only.

mandreyka

I turned it on once and forgot I did for a week or 2. Finally someone asked me if I was deaf. I was like WTF? Then he said the app told him to enter a destination because I was dead.

Light bulb went off then I said ya uber has been having major app issues lately.

I turned it off after that. It does work though

UberIsAllFubared

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What really surprised me was how many people expressed relief that I wasn't deaf. Why anybody would care if their driver was deaf is not something that makes any sort of sense to me. Deaf drivers are far less likely to be distracted by pax questions and other antics. And I belive pax distractions are the main cause of accidents in ride-share.
Yeah I didn't see that coming, I too have no idea why it would matter to someone.