1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I'm removing my Uber sticker!

Discussion in 'People' started by Kos, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Right. There are many reasons not to advertise, this is just another good example.

MrLinus likes this.
  2. iUBERdc

iUBERdc Well-Known Member

I know the airports are crazy strict about the decals, do you put it on for those trips?

Mikedamirault and MrLinus like this.
  3. Jerkyking

Jerkyking New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I like starting physical fights with Jamacian Cabbies at Union Train Station in New Haven CT
    It starts with me blocking the whole pick up line with a "stalled " or Vapor lock in my engine
    It ends when the Police walk over and break up the verbal fight between me and the cabby.
    I've never been arrested (well from this fighting) but it is fun to see how long 7-15 minutes that I can push it.
    These effing cab companies in New Haven SUCK!

Ed A

Tr4vis Ka1anick likes this.
  4. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    No problems here, I put a fake intimidating tattoo on my face when driving around cabbies to get to my pax with this evil stare on my face, then I take it off when pax get in and I'm like "omg how are you, lets go to your destination!"

5. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

Competition in the livery business has always been very rigorous, welcome to the industry. Cab drivers (even from the same company) have competed fiercely for years. BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if some of your brother Uber partners are sending out some of the fake pings as well.

Back in the 90's, the post jumping and trip stealing among cab drivers were very common tactics

6. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

So far I've not had much trouble from the cabs. I've had an occasional cab driver give me some really nasty gesturing but it doesn't bother me. I feel bad for them in a way that their way of life is being jeopardized, but I don't feel guilty. This is the future. Things change. Nothing lasts forever. I know a lot of cab drivers are livid about Uber. Personally I always try to be nice to the cab drivers and all the fellow Uber and Lyft drivers out there.

Sometimes customers do things that cause drivers to get mad at each other. I picked up two guys recently. BOTH had called for an Uber and one also called for a cab. I got there first, they told me, and sure enough I saw another Uber pulling up right after. They told me that by calling multiple cars in they wouldn't have to wait as long. I know I've also personally pulled up to a spot that is pretty desolate (not a place where you are likely to pick up the wrong pax) only to see a guy getting into another Uber and then getting canceled on or noshow.

7. temdriver

temdriver New Member

I think it would be better not to remind them their pain, while I am able to do Uber without a sign, I prefer not to use it and do my job at the best

8. UberCrab

UberCrab New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I drive in the Baltimore/Annapolis area and many of the taxi cab drivers can be obnoxious, uncooperative, confrontational and rude...I've had my fair share of being cut off, given the middle finger, kept from changing lanes, being honked at ridiculously, etc., and I've even heard stories of cabbies damaging cars while the Uber driver was in a convenience store getting coffee. I agree with Ubergirlzz; Displaying the Uber logo is just setting themselves up for trouble...I don't like being a target. I have two Uber stickers affixed with rubber bands, one on each side of the passenger sun visor. That way I can flip the visor down (facing the windshield OR side window) when waiting for a pax pick-up and flip it back up and out of sight when on a ride or offline. I have never been asked "where is your sticker?" Interestingly, I can usually spot fellow Uber drivers (and I'm sure they and the cabbies can spot me) by their driving behavior alone. There are certain areas ("hot spots") frequented by Uber drivers and cabs alike. I've noticed the same cars circling these areas, like vultures, waiting for requests. I know for a fact that the cops also know which cars are Ubers. I've stopped and chatted with a few police officers during down-time and believe me, they notice the cars that circle around and stop with flashers on. Often, they've said that they appreciate us Uber drivers because we're helping keep drunk drivers off the road and we are quick to clear the intoxicated persons out of the congested bar areas. I've made it a habit to wave at police as I pass them. I WANT them to know I'm an Uber driver. As for the taxi drivers...they're gonna be idiots regardless. I just don't want to be obvious.

9. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

They go put a lot quicker doing Uber ! Already changed one in my 2 year old car. When you replace,buy the L.E.D. tail light,brake light turn signal bulbs. They last forever !
    Even Autozone carries them now.

10. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

In my market,the taxi drivers honk a lot at people they consider potential Street hails. They seem to get quite few pickups with the honking.
    They even got a drunk COMING to my car that had called me by honking. I laughed,called him and canceled no charge. Got another one right away.

11. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    Nope, I do not. Screw them! They don't need to know I'm an Uber Driver.

MrLinus and popcollar2014 like this.
  12. mghtyred

mghtyred Well-Known Member

You say that now, but you may change your tune when you get a $1000 fine. Aren't you worried you're going to get spotted in the pigpen?

MrLinus and iUBERdc like this.
  13. iUBERdc

iUBERdc Well-Known Member

Yea airport cops are bored as anything and look to get people on technicalities. Unless your kissing and hugging your pax goodbye, it'll be easy to tell you're an UBER at an airport

14. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    Nope. I don't enter the pigpen. My airport rides are pax that are picked up from their homes and taken to the airport. Or, I cruise near the airports and get pings that way.

15. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    I have a strategy. I blow my pax a kiss goodbye as their back is turned to me. Throws the bored cops off... :D

Trafficat and iUBERdc like this.
  16. OC Lady Uber Driver

OC Lady Uber Driver Well-Known Member

CPUC regulations in California requires that all rideshare drivers to display trade dress on the front and back passenger side window. If you get caught giving Uber rides without it, you can be subject to a $1,000 fine. Be careful in LA as the cops have a sting unit. They can impound your car for 30 days as well.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Bpr2, Ubergirlzz and ChortlingCrison like this.
  17. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

Unless the cop is a female, I don't think they'll give them out to the "uberettes".

18. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    Duly noted. Thanks for the warning!

19. EX_

EX_ Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Uber never gave me one.

20. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

That's certainly good news, if they are spending a lot of time and effort on this silliness, it means that the real crime problem in LA is gone and the bloodz and cripz and the mexican mafia, and the rest are all kaput and have disappeared from the scene.