1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I'm removing my Uber sticker!

Discussion in 'People' started by Kos, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Kos

Kos Active Member

Well guys since i put my uber sticker on my car im getting more honks from cab drivers.
    They would honk at me for no reason.Do you guys have this problem from cab drivers as well?

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. ThatUberChick

ThatUberChick Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I can't talk, I'm in LA. Taxis are almost obsolete here.

3. K-pax

K-pax Well-Known Member

A bit, yes.

4. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Never happened to me in Houston. And we have to display it when working. We also have the "permanent" (stuck on like an inspection sticker) city and airport permits, so even when not ubering you can tell it's an uber even if you take the trade dress down. No cab has ever bothered me.

5. K-pax

K-pax Well-Known Member

Cab drivers must be nicer down there. They regularly cut me off, give me the finger, try to keep me from changing lanes, honk at me ridiculously and flash their brights when it's not appropriate, and I've even heard local stories of cabbies sending out fake pings while monitoring surge maps so people think they're driving to a surging ping, and then canceling before 5 min to steer uber cars away from the action. Not EVERY cab, but enough to notice.

6. valor

valor Active Member

I drive with trade dress visible, but take it off when leaving car in public, after my car got "keyed." I don't know for sure that it was because of the logo, but it draws attention.

iUBERdc likes this.
  7. itsup2u

itsup2u New Member

Hello all from Tampa. I have been doing UberEats now for a couple weeks. It is fun and getting to see parts of Tampa I would not have other wise. My biggest complaint is about non tipping ,as some days not even making minimum wage without them.

Kembolicous likes this.
  8. Ubercycle

Ubercycle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm not going to Use my car to advertise Uber or Lyft for Free.
    Think about it! how many people see your car and the sticker on it every day?
    Newspaper advertising work that way, the first page is highly expensive, because 100% of readers and some no readers will see the first page, then the size of your add, and font and location...
    Your windshield is your First page, how many people you think to see your windshield every day?
    Taxi drivers lease the cab as is, the owner can put any sticker or advertising he want, and Use it's expenses for Tax deduction, what benefits for Uber drivers?
    Uber can not force you to display it's sticker while driving for them, if they do so, therefore you are acting on behalf of Uber, which means anything you do is actually done and approved by Uber>>> you're an employee.
    * Sticker doesn't mean you are working for Uber, i may still have my sticker, while my account is not active anymore.

9. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

Maybe you have a taillight out

Uberon1986 and tohunt4me like this.
  10. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    No, but I took mine off anyway, because I figured it would be a cause of irritation to taxi drivers. Plus, I feel that some folks are jealous that I Uber (because they can't pass a background check), and they want to Uber and cannot. So they might damage my car. The way I see it, I don't really need the sticker. My pax know it's my car, they see me, and they've not once asked me where my sticker is... so why have one?

11. Ubercycle

Ubercycle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Pax has your name your car color, license plate number, can track your location via Uber app, what they need more?
    If Uber, and it's somehow impossible for many reasons, decided to use '' Auto Stop service" like cabs, then Uber sign and Logo will be mandatory to identify Uber cars.

Ubergirlzz likes this.
  12. NewEnglander

NewEnglander Well-Known Member

Starting in two days, you are going to be required by Massachusetts law to display it. Therefore, in two days I will start running the stickers. I'm not happy about it, but I want to be in compliance.

Boston taxi drivers are awful to ride share drivers. All that you mentioned and more. I think that running the decals will cause more of that to happen and I am especially concerned with female Uber drivers being intimidated against now. Currently, you can usually pick out the ride share driver in traffic and cabbies know that, but the new signs are just an invitation for trouble.

Ubergirlzz likes this.
  13. Ubercycle

Ubercycle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    it's an invitation for trouble, and it's a free brand advertising.
    Once all drivers are okay with stickers, Uber will update it's policy and mail big sign to every driver

similar to this :
    [​IMG]

Because only 187 million people Use smartphones in US, which is about 50% of US Populations, Uber will need to Use old fashion cab sign, to get no smartphone Users to know Uber and sign up and enjoy Uber service.
    who knows! we may be able to Use this beside Uber app. and Uber prepaid gift cards
    [​IMG] and
    [​IMG]

There is an important number of people who don't trust companies to have their credit cards on file, and others use cash in their daily life beside the fact that Uber has only 40 million monthly active riders out of 319 million American.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  14. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    I still wouldn't display it, law or not. I think a person who does so it just setting themselves up for trouble. Not once have my pax said "where is your sticker?" They don't care. Even if there's a law, I wouldn't follow it. How can they enforce it? They can't. If you get caught, just tell them you forgot, or you took it off to clean your window and misplaced it.

Kembolicous likes this.
  15. Ubercycle

Ubercycle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yesterday, i saw SUV with PA licence plate UBER - CAR

Kembolicous likes this.
  16. michael7227

michael7227 Active Member

It's bad in NYC plus yellow are the rudest drivers anyway... I thought it was cool to have my lit sign but I'm not so green anymore.

17. senorCRV

senorCRV Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I uses laminated printouts in my windows so I can yank them out when I don't want them there.

iUBERdc likes this.
  18. iUBERdc

iUBERdc Active Member

Not afraid of a fine from your local police?

19. Ubercycle

Ubercycle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    it's always good to be yourself.
    I had a parking ticket, during my hearing, when I told the lady, I'm doing Uber and I had to stop.... she turned her face away from me, printed a copy with full ticket and admin fee, and handed it to me. I didn't know they don't like Uber/Lyft drivers, I learned it the hard way.
    Someone can damage your car because he had a bad experience with Uber, or he just don't like them for some reason.

iUBERdc likes this.
  20. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    Nope. My local police are too busy with the drugs and crack heads to care about Uber drivers.

Sueron likes this.