1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I'm on the fence... What would you do?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Donshonda, May 14, 2018.

?
  1. Sure, I'd love to waste an hour of my time for one person's food

2. Completely ignore this request

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Donshonda

Donshonda

Driving:
    UberXL
  2. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

You are joking I’m sure.

3. Donshonda

Donshonda

Driving:
    UberXL
    Completely joking.... Just wanted some funny feedback from the community this Monday morning!! ;)

melusine3, 1.5xorbust and Cableguynoe like this.
  4. Better to be on the fence figuratively than literally trying to deliver some McDoubles for $2.99.

5. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    If I order Ubereats for myself...

Do I have to leave me a tip... ???

Rakos
    1488940120623.png

6. dogmeat

dogmeat

If your area has boosts and you have the flexibility to be selective, it can be worth your time in small batches. Yesterday I did 4 deliveries, drove 46.3 miles (total, not just with a request), earned $44.51 + $10 tips. I've done less than 15 deliveries. Majority have had boosts. Definitely not worthwhile without it.

Might not be ideal for some, but if it's boosting over 1.5x it can be as good if not better than giving rides in my area as it usually only surges on the weekends.

Base fare deliveries? You're going to have a bad time. Deliveries with boost? It might surprise you. I delivered 4 glazed chocolate donuts, customer paid $14.00 ($9 base/boost, $3 fee, $2 tip).

melusine3, Cdub2k and 1.5xorbust like this.
  7. Who is John Galt?

Who is John Galt? Author

Driving:
    UberX

I'm on the grog. What difference does it make?

As long as you get your jollies, who cares?

melusine3, Rakos and 1.5xorbust like this.
  8. $2.50.
    They're 2 for $5.

You can get a LOT of food in a Pilot.

Don't let this opportunity pass you by.

9. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Not that you would ever want to opt out of delivery but Uber has made that a difficult process. Evidently you have to go to the GL hub to disable delivery.

melusine3 likes this.
  10. If you opt in i think it's hell to get out.

They key is to not opt in.
    I never have and don't have to deal with the requests when I'm in a Uber eats area.
    Just the occasional text message reminding me of how much money I'm missing out on.

melusine3, Ajaywill and Donshonda like this.
  11. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Agreed.

Rakos and Cableguynoe like this.
  12. Coachman

Coachman

Driving:
    UberX
    It's not so tough to turn off deliveries once you've opted in. You do have to put up with an occasional pop-up suggesting you turn it back on. But that's not such a big deal. And on occasion, like this morning, the deliveries were somehow back on and I got a request. Just declined it and turned deliveries back off.

melusine3, negeorgia, Mista T and 3 others like this.
  13. Im so glad that after I signed up for UberEats i went to this forum to find out that i should never have it activated. **** that.

melusine3 and Rakos like this.
  14. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    You can turn off deliveries in the app:

Screenshot_2018-05-15-15-13-43.png

15. Mista T

Mista T Author

Doing UberEats is like waiting in the airport queue.

We can tell you how bad it is, but you have to do it a few times yourself to decide.

16. You owe it to the community

melusine3, SurgeWarrior and negeorgia like this.
  17. Dave Bust

Dave Bust

my best ever was delivering during a snow storm,,,6 inches,,,during a 3.5 boost.

some kid ordered a $3.49 egg mc mufffin from mcdonalds,,,uber paid me $28 and i got a $3 tip

I will NEVER do uber eats without a 1.4 surge or above and if it is raining,,,people will tip BIG when it is raining

dogmeat, melusine3 and Cableguynoe like this.
  18. backcountryrez

backcountryrez

Driving:
    Lyft
    Got one where the kid ordered 2 cookies (for $1) from McD's. Tipped me $5 to drive a half mile.

I live in an area with no less than 25 restaurants in a 2-mile radius. They all use the on-demand delivery model. Even in a surge, making deliveries is not profitable. In my area, taking UE also means you will do pickups from grocery stores. NO THANKS.

I will never do UE again. Note that their verbiage states "Deliveries can increase earnings." Doesn't mean they will.

dogmeat, melusine3 and Rakos like this.
  19. JMlyftuber

JMlyftuber

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't understand the logic in ubereats at McDonald's. The delivery fee is more than the cost of the food and it screws up the line! Bad bad bad!

20. Uber makes money.... nothing else matters