I'm not your errand boy

Hey now

Got a ping from the Royal Palms. Thought that this will be a nice ride. Girl gets in the car and says " I need to run some errands". She said that she needed to run to the bank, drop off a prescription, try Chick-fil-a (since they don't have them where she's from) and then drop her off for a doctor's appointment. I told her that there is always uber drivers around and they can pick her up when she's ready at her next stop, since I only make 6¢ a minute for waiting. She then said something along the lines of, does that make economical sense, from a pax perspective since the minimum fare is $5. I once again said it doesn't make sense for me. She then said she was only thinking how she could save her self the most money (I picked her up at the Royal Palms!!!). Needless to say, the car got really quite and when I dropped her off she said "I guess you aren't going to be waiting then?" I said nope and drove off. I thought that this would have been a perfect ride for Rantnot!

TakinItUpWithUber

Drop off a prescription, Chick-fil-a run geez sounds like a Veyo run! lol. Good job NOT waiting. Once at the destination and pax hops out - End Trip. Period. Then they can re-request.
I'd have told her to take a cab or have the concierge hire a private driver for the cheap arse.

Atom guy

My market is not busy enough to keep me driving non-stop, so I would rather run errands than sit idle somewhere waiting for a ping.

Buckeye71

I'm by no means saying I would have had the balls to say this, but you should have told her..

"Well I only get paid by the mile, so while I am waiting for you at each of your stops, in a motionless vehicle, I would be forgoing my income when I could be receiving a new trip request from a passenger that needs to get from point A to B. Now, if you would like to pay me a rate of $1 per minute for every minute the vehicle is not moving, at each of your stops, I would be happy to wait for you. Doesn't that make economical sense from a drivers perspective?" :wink:

SEAL Team 5

Got a ping from the Royal Palms. Thought that this will be a nice ride. Girl gets in the car and says " I need to run some errands". She said that she needed to run to the bank, drop off a prescription, try Chick-fil-a (since they don't have them where she's from) and then drop her off for a doctor's appointment. I told her that there is always uber drivers around and they can pick her up when she's ready at her next stop, since I only make 6¢ a minute for waiting. She then said something along the lines of, does that make economical sense, from a pax perspective since the minimum fare is $5. I once again said it doesn't make sense for me. She then said she was only thinking how she could save her self the most money (I picked her up at the Royal Palms!!!). Needless to say, the car got really quite and when I dropped her off she said "I guess you aren't going to be waiting then?" I said nope and drove off. I thought that this would have been a perfect ride for Rantnot!
The Royal Palms? Nice, Nice and more nice. But you can tell that she was an employee and not a guest. However, always look at those situations as to how they can benefit you. That could be a very good contact for you in this business. Depending how far you want to take your driving. If you're serious about making this a career and get the proper insurance then employees at The Royal Palms, The Four Seasons, The Rocks and the like can be extremely profitable for you.

Teksaz

Picked up a very well to do female from the Palms about a month ago going to The Hyatt Regency. (she reeked of money, orders Goober X and NO tip.) She said she was with Hyatt and they were buying the Palms but everything would stay the same for the most part.

Looked it up and sure enough, bought it for $88mil. Lol

Hey now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Royal Palms? Nice, Nice and more nice. But you can tell that she was an employee and not a guest. However, always look at those situations as to how they can benefit you. That could be a very good contact for you in this business. Depending how far you want to take your driving. If you're serious about making this a career and get the proper insurance then employees at The Royal Palms, The Four Seasons, The Rocks and the like can be extremely profitable for you.
Not an employee, she said she lives in Switzerland via Utah. Plus she was wearing workout attire.

Hey now

You probably got 1 starred, so I hope you 1 starred her back.
Yep, she dinged me. Went from 4.93 to 4.92. But I really don't care about my rating anymore. I won't put up with this shit of waiting around for 6¢. And yes, I dinged her too. I wonder what her next driver did. Amber-Jean, anyone here get her?

SEAL Team 5

Not an employee, she said she lives in Switzerland via Utah. Plus she was wearing workout attire.
Then that is definitely who you want. You should of given your # to her so you could be the closest when she pings for an Uber. Rich people hang out with rich people. Provide the best Uber service to her and you never know if she passes your name on. If not, so be it. But those are the pax you want. Sure better then the drunk punks we drive.

John1971

My wait time is cash only....lol

CarterPeerless

Cheapskate millionaires? You can keep them all. For some reason cheapskate poor people bother me less.

If tipping were in the app, I might agree with SEAL Team 5. Or if this was a true commercial enterprise, then yes. But the way things are, I don't see any additional value to these people.

Also, I have had mixed results with being the "closest". I have been standing right next to someone trying to use the app, only to have them draw someone from 5 minutes away.

I Aint Jo Mama

Maybe she was Rantnot!!!

Hey now

Then that is definitely who you want. You should of given your # to her so you could be the closest when she pings for an Uber. Rich people hang out with rich people. Provide the best Uber service to her and you never know if she passes your name on. If not, so be it. But those are the pax you want. Sure better then the drunk punks we drive.
I'll have to disagree with you on this pax. 1-she used uberX. 2-she was concerned about being charged the minimum fare if she had to get another ride. I doubt she's hanging with the "rich" crowd.

SEAL Team 5

I'll have to disagree with you on this pax. 1-she used uberX. 2-she was concerned about being charged the minimum fare if she had to get another ride. I doubt she's hanging with the "rich" crowd.
[/QUOTE]
I see your point and it's very valid. You most likely got the cheap one out of the bunch. Sorry for that. But when I see those 4 and 5 star hotel guest I can't seem to drive fast enough to pick them up. Hope your next one is more profitable.

Hey now

I see your point and it's very valid. You most likely got the cheap one out of the bunch. Sorry for that. But when I see those 4 and 5 star hotel guest I can't seem to drive fast enough to pick them up. Hope your next one is more profitable.[/QUOTE]

I here you. That's why I was happy to see the ping from there, but in a matter of 15 minutes I went from cool to seething!

John1971

So how to make sure that you’re always spot-on with your customer support? I'm not a Uber employee,I'm my own boss.Uber is just a job provider,once they are in your car it's fair game....lol