• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I'm Not driving anymore, Renting my car Camry Hibrid '15

hortiz

Hi Guys,
I've been driver for UBER for 5-6 Months making $1000-1200 a Week, but i got a decent and better job in the IT field in a great company so i decided to rent my car if anyone is interested and want to drive for Uber and Lyft.

I'm not too picky with the person but my car is New and basically is a brand new car so maintenance is made by the dealership so because this is a Hybrid i only spent like $50 on Gas per week and i used to drive from monday to monday.

If anyone is interested we can discuss terms but all tickets are paid by the driver, the rental price it could be from $375 - $430 depending on your timing for using the car.

Requirements

-Must be 21 years of age

-DMV License 8 Months or older

-Valid TLC License

-Proof of address

-SS Card

If anyone interested you can contact me using Personal Messages in the forum or calling me after work hours 8-5 to 347-681-9429, you can text me and i'll answer as soon as i can.

BurgerTiime

Sounds like a terrible idea. Have you though about the legal ramifications? What do you think would occur if you rented out your car to someone like this?: Uber driver arrested DUI with passenger and crash http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/01/04/uber-driver-arrested-on-suspicion-of-dui-after-new-years-day-crash/
Only the outcome was the passenger suffered a spinal injury and will need lifetime rehabilitation. Will your insurance cover you for renting out your car in that manner? I highly suggest if you do this get in writing from your insurance company the A-okay!!

Last edited:

hortiz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
dude, before i put someone to drive my car it needs to be approved by the insurance company, so they will be going to the same process as a new driver. The only good thing is that the car will be cheaper than a lease or lease to own contract.

BurgerTiime

dude, before i put someone to drive my car it needs to be approved by the insurance company, so they will be going to the same process as a new driver. The only good thing is that the car will be cheaper than a lease or lease to own contract.
And how will you control the driver you approve will always be the driver and not some other driver? How will you control the vehicle when the driver leaves the keys behind and his drunk roommate leaves with the car? Rental companies provide a robust policy to cover them in cases like that. You most likely will have to bump up your policy. There has been many instances reported to Uber that the driver in the app is not the driver that showed up.
Why risk it? Like I said, I would disolve everything to your insurance company and the intentions and cover your ass or it could ruin your life. Many policies will not cover a third party driver unless they live under the same household. Especially renting out your vehicle falls under commercial use and you need a license and commercial insurance for that.

Manhmptn

BurgerTiime this is New York City forum.

Uber cars are heavily regulated by TLC (Taxi and Limousine Commission) here and all carry commercial insurances and the drivers must have valid TLC driver licenses in order to drive Uber affiliated cars with TLC plates and commercial insurance.

So, don't worry. It is all legit.

ubernyc

Dude ur really lucky. A lot of my bros friends been driving uber but have moved out to the it field, NYPD, mta, etc. better then taxi driving

Dude ur really lucky. A lot of my bros friends been driving uber but have moved out to the it field, NYPD, mta, etc. better then taxi driving
I am hopefully soon going to be one of those MTA guys.

Sounds like a terrible idea. Have you though about the legal ramifications? What do you think would occur if you rented out your car to someone like this?: Uber driver arrested DUI with passenger and crash http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/01/04/uber-driver-arrested-on-suspicion-of-dui-after-new-years-day-crash/
Only the outcome was the passenger suffered a spinal injury and will need lifetime rehabilitation. Will your insurance cover you for renting out your car in that manner? I highly suggest if you do this get in writing from your insurance company the A-okay!!
This is NOT Minneapolis, NO illegal Uber illegal cab drivers in our neck of the woods, now idiot Newbers, yes there is a plethora of them. It's not cheap "FHV drivers License, TLC plates, no passenger plates, TLC diamond stickers, commercial insurance and commercial registration, 3 car inspections a year,, drug testing, fingerprint backround checks, and you and only you can drive the FHV with TLC plates or someone else with a FHV drivers license that is under the commercial insurance policy" operating a FHV in NYC, get informed first before posting nonsense.