• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I'm getting request for New Orleans area, now???

Envisionit

So I've been driving for the Baton Rouge area in my 2006 Durango... was told I couldn't drive for New Orleans area due to their newer vehicle requirements and other stuff... but just today after picking up a pax in Hammond and dropping a them off in Gretna, I get a ping for a new ride while I'm still in New Orleans? Thinking it was a mistake... I let it cancel, but ended up getting two others before I turned my app off...(as I was just trying to get back to Hammond, and get out of the traffic)... but now I'm wondering, can we drive across territories now? Come to think of it...a few weeks ago, I had a passenger from a Hammond to Covington (which is on the New Orleans region map) ... and the same thing happened their! I ended up doing about 5 nonstop back to back rides, before I turned it off to head back to Hammond again!

Is anyone else having this happen to them?

Oh, and another thing, when I went to turn off a new feature popped up asking me to enter my destination to only get rides going to where I was headed! I was impressed, and pleasantly surprised! So I put in the Hammond address, the app heading turned orange to indicate the new setting and off I went. Pretty cool, huh?

Feedback... anyone else discovered any of the above changes?

nolamitch

You can pick up in Jefferson and St. Tammany Parish, but you won't get requests at the airport or from folks in Orleans Parish. Orleans Parish is the big stickler for vehicle age. And that direction filter started here a few weeks ago here and it is great!

tohunt4me

So I've been driving for the Baton Rouge area in my 2006 Durango... was told I couldn't drive for New Orleans area due to their newer vehicle requirements and other stuff... but just today after picking up a pax in Hammond and dropping a them off in Gretna, I get a ping for a new ride while I'm still in New Orleans? Thinking it was a mistake... I let it cancel, but ended up getting two others before I turned my app off...(as I was just trying to get back to Hammond, and get out of the traffic)... but now I'm wondering, can we drive across territories now? Come to think of it...a few weeks ago, I had a passenger from a Hammond to Covington (which is on the New Orleans region map) ... and the same thing happened their! I ended up doing about 5 nonstop back to back rides, before I turned it off to head back to Hammond again!

Is anyone else having this happen to them?

Oh, and another thing, when I went to turn off a new feature popped up asking me to enter my destination to only get rides going to where I was headed! I was impressed, and pleasantly surprised! So I put in the Hammond address, the app heading turned orange to indicate the new setting and off I went. Pretty cool, huh?

Feedback... anyone else discovered any of the above changes?
Our region is Baton Rouge,Lafayette,and New Orleans.
You can drive in all three territories, if you have the stricter New Orleans background check,and your vehicle is under 8 years of age.
In your case you can not do airport in New Orleans area,or city of New Orleans,but you can do surrounding parishes.

Dave2018

I just started couple weeks ago. I’m registered for Baton Rouge but went to New Orleans this past weekend and couldn’t get not one hit anyone know why. When I called they tell me I should be able too get requests.