I'm Done With People Who Are Not At Pickup Location When Ride Is Ordered

jrich6234

Cincinnati seems to have a problem with people who are ordering rides and when contacted - they tell you they are somewhere other than the pickup location.

I am going to immediately cancel any ride where the rider is not where they are supposed to be.

Had to drive five miles for a rider who said they were in Mt. Adams but "actually" was in OTR. When rider cancelled - zero cancellation fee even after arriving at the location the rider ordered.

Cynergie

Cincinnati seems to have a problem with people who are ordering rides and when contacted - they tell you they are somewhere other than the pickup location.

I am going to immediately cancel any ride where the rider is not where they are supposed to be.

Had to drive five miles for a rider who said they were in Mt. Adams but "actually" was in OTR. When rider cancelled - zero cancellation fee even after arriving at the location the rider ordered.
Stop getting this twisted. Why the stress factor? It's not a crime unless the pickup point and pax location are across state lines. Cinci is notorious for this geodesic coordinate screw up, especially given the fact it's really in Kentucky....

Whenever this happens, I rejoice! And thank the cognitively challenged pax for the cancellation gift.

It's not your job to waste fuel trying to discover where the socially inconsiderate pax is hiding out. My job is to drive directly to the app pickup blip in middle of the road. And wait right there according to Uber policy.

If pax insists on trolling and playing Marco Polo with calls/texts, I'd ignore them. And unless I found they'd apparated beside my rear door by the 04:59 min, it was kaching, carry on to the next ping.

But based on what you just said, looks like Uber is going Machiavellian the way Lyft has

jrich6234

Stop getting this twisted. Why the stress factor? It's not a crime unless the pickup point and pax location are across state lines. Cinci is notorious for this geodesic coordinate screw up, especially given the fact it's really in Kentucky....

Whenever this happens, I rejoice! And thank the cognitively challenged pax for the cancellation gift.

It's not your job to waste fuel trying to discover where the socially inconsiderate pax is hiding out. My job is to drive directly to the app pickup blip in middle of the road. And wait right there according to Uber policy.

If pax insists on trolling and playing Marco Polo with calls/texts, I'd ignore them. And unless I found they'd apparated beside my rear door by the 04:59 min, it was kaching, carry on to the next ping.

But based on what you just said, looks like Uber is going Machiavellian the way Lyft has

Not too much of a stress factor until you get a pickup request from some sketchy address in the middle of nowhere.

And driving for a guaranteed $3.75 cancellation fee seems like howling at the moon in the middle of the day - if that's supposed to be comforting then sorry (not sorry) when I don't pick you up.

ricks2524

I quit looking too. I stop at the blip. When the clocks run out I cancel it 9 times out of 10 you'll get a second request' I will text them first