• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I'm curious

Drxyy

I've been driving for Uber since March of this year. Over the last few months I've noticed an increase in drivers in the North Jersey area (Hackensack, Rutherford, Englewood). I rarely did Uber on weekdays when I first started. I occasionally check the Pax app at work and I see all these Uberx cars as I saw a few minutes ago. I think to myself these people are seriously wasting their time. Now I'm not one to judge but I feel like those are dead hours (10AM - 3PM) and if you are doing well then more power to you.

Ub1

5am - 6am ... rides to the airport.
6am - 9am ... people going to work
9am - 10am.. shopping mall workers need a ride to work
10am.. 11am... restaurant workers need a ride to work.
My cutoff time is between 11am and 12pm

johnmiles

I don't know, I do fine when I work days. Some days are better than others but today I took home $135 in just 3 hours of driving. from 10am-1pm.

Ub1

Many riders only take Uber to work when they miss public transportation. From asking riders about it, it seems to me that Wednesday is the day when they mostly miss the bus and take Uber instead. Wednesday mornings are usually pretty busy for me.

Alex12

I don't know, I do fine when I work days. Some days are better than others but today I took home $135 in just 3 hours of driving. from 10am-1pm.[/QUOTE
I've been driving for Uber since March of this year. Over the last few months I've noticed an increase in drivers in the North Jersey area (Hackensack, Rutherford, Englewood). I rarely did Uber on weekdays when I first started. I occasionally check the Pax app at work and I see all these Uberx cars as I saw a few minutes ago. I think to myself these people are seriously wasting their time. Now I'm not one to judge but I feel like those are dead hours (10AM - 3PM) and if you are doing well then more power to you.
You will have good days and bad days. I had a morning when I made 150 in 2 hours because of a 2.3 surge on a long trip plus a few regular short trips this is my money after all cuts. Now I had one day when I was on line 10 hours and I made only 95$. So you can judge yourself. Don t believe the ones that tell u that they make tons of money everyday. Is not possible. Not with Uber x in NJ. We are talking about regular days, not shore, EWR, surge price, etc. some people will just lie to make you feel bad that you don t make money. Don t worry they don t make either, just sometimes. On this forum are just a few people who are real, the rest are just some big time liars like most of the people around. 12-15$ / hour is the REAL money you will bring home after all cuts on a full time basis. If you work only weekends you will make more, around 18-20/hour. So Uber x is better for part time then full time. I did both and I make less money per hour when I work f/t. Uber on and drive safe