I'm Contemplating A NEW APPROACH

XUberMike

I used to sit back and wait for a nice surge and leave the ants for the little ones when I'm not interested.

NOW when I'm not interested I'm thinking of just logging in on the small stuff to kill whatever surge there is and making the ants drive for the absolute minimum fare possible. I won't even give them a $.25 extra a mile, make them drive base because an extra 25 cents means the world to them (2/3 probably don't even know what surge is.)

Maybe more base fares will discourage them quicker and get them to quit as they won't be able to run home and tell their moms they got a $1.10 a mile today.

Ketofats

southern california is a very tough area to make a living in unless you've been here for a long time or know a lot of people. Not a lot of people can afford to sit back or log in whenever they want so it definitely helps to have another job or a side business.

I'm not going to be surprised that there are going to be more and more people moving here and thus ant farms on every block but i'm thinking that all of them can't possibly last when i'm under the impression los angeles isn't the easiest city to drive in, or am i wrong?

XUberMike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know how easy or hard it is but all I can say right now is the only thing saving 75% of the drivers out there is the metal program. Under normal situations they couldn't find a surge if they had their hands down their pants but they know how to drive around La During certain times

Ketofats

yes i totally agree about the metal program. This forum has all of a sudden changed and a lot more people are happier.

Makes me wonder if the curve might change in order to achieve platinum status.

How tough can it be to sit in the car for long hours every single week in order to stay on platinum? For me i get sciatica down my right leg that i've been trying to figure out. I've looked at seat cushions for sciatica but yesterday i finally might have figured out how to position myself and the cushion i have for long hours without needing to buy anything else and drive for longer hours.

iheartuber

I don't know how easy or hard it is but all I can say right now is the only thing saving 75% of the drivers out there is the metal program. Under normal situations they couldn't find a surge if they had their hands down their pants but they know how to drive around La During certain times

How are you not on a metal plan? Do you really drive that much part time?

ssingyy

Why go through all the trouble.
Quit or get used to the metals.

Maybe you can come back when surge strategy is on driver's favor again.

Maybe thanksgiving.
Then you can give thanks in your car while I'm having some great turkey and champagne.

XUberMike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They don't know how to make it surge, may as well make them suffer too. Just be selective and let them get the short trips.

I'm declaring Saturdays to be no wal-mart and store pick up day.
I got a 2.4 $58 trip out of Walmart once...just once. One of those cats that has their hundred-thousand-dollar motorhome parked in the lot figured it was cheaper to Uber where he was going then the fire that bad boy up and drive