I'm at Coachella.

Null

Well I'll be there in about 30 minutes.

If any of your other ants are here let's collude and conspire.

Null

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m looking forward to your report. I’ve not seen any surges yet
It was a fun drive. On a couple sections I treated the Camry like it was my motorcycle LOL.

Though, it amazes me how many f****** people don't know how to use a goddamn turn out.

NCRBILL

It was a fun drive. On a couple sections I treated the Camry like it was my motorcycle LOL.

Though, it amazes me how many f****** people don't know how to use a goddamn turn out.
Oh so you took the back roads. Not too many know that route

CJfrom619

Did you go through the mountains or take freeway? I love that ride through the mountains.
Post automatically merged:

I would have experimented with you but im not allowed any additional promotions with my rental.

Null

20 minutes to first bonus. Look forward to the pen pictures of gridlock
Yeah it wouldn't even be worth trying to get to the zone I'm trying to work around that if you know what I mean but even that's hard

SlowDance

Well I'll be there in about 30 minutes.

If any of your other ants are here let's collude and conspire.
I've not been able to figure out how to get into the bonus zone. It all looks to be blocked off. Have you had any luck?

Null

I've not been able to figure out how to get into the bonus zone. It all looks to be blocked off. Have you had any luck?
RTFM

So far it's seeming like a complete waste of time. Though, I didn't mind the drive out here. Too many drivers and I don't think there's a way to game this without a motorcycle, fake GPS, and a ton of willing participants.

The poor @@@@ in front of me is doing TNC with a broken screen..... Lol

20190412_212140.jpg

Last edited:

SlowDance

I finally figured out where the Uber lot wasn't how to get there. By the time I got there they had closed it, said that there was no more space for any more Uber or Lyft drivers, and waved us on. So apparently they've not provided ample Rideshare pickup space this year. Shocker!

I finally figured out where the Uber lot wasn't how to get there. By the time I got there they had closed it, said that there was no more space for any more Uber or Lyft drivers, and waved us on. So apparently they've not provided ample Rideshare pickup space this year. Shocker!
Was and how to *

I'm hesitant to write off the event is being a complete bust just yet, especially considering the more than 3 hour drive to get here. I'll wait until 10:30 as people start to get out and see what happens then. Best of luck to all of us!

What are you all doing about accommodation tonight? Did you all get hotel rooms or just going to drive back around 3 or 4?

Null

I think this is a waste of time I'm going to hang out and do something but I can't see this being actually worth any effort at all. naturally, like every other Uber organized pick up lot it's a complete cluster. Unless the festival close brings $50 rides + $50 bonuses there's no way to make up the lost time here.

SlowDance

Yeah, I'm going to stay out here until probably at least midnight or one, and just see how things go. Admittedly, there's a good chance I'm going to have to write off tonight. You live, you learn. I'll be staying in San Diego tomorrow night, unless tonight takes a surprising turn later on.

Null

So I played video poker for about 2 and 1/2 hours on $20. I went to scout the drop-off pick-up zone again saw literally miles and miles of drivers lined up said it's not worth it I'm on my way home now.

Null

So I take it that driving for this event is rubbish?
Unless you pick up outside of the queue and somehow still get the bonus attached I can't imagine this is worth it. I'm sure the passenger pickup rate will increase as time goes on but I'd rather be home before 7 a.m. than bother trying to make any money from this event.

my thought was to take my motorcycle there tomorrow that way I can sneak through all the traffic and get within the zone and do some fake pickups... But Uber's basically charging a minimum of $50 for any pickups within the zone. Consequently there's really no benefit to this. The only work around I can think of is if you have access to one of the gated communities that's next to it that's within the zone. Then you could have your passengers meet you inside the community. However, then you would also basically be fishing for passengers via a street hail asking them if they need a ride and can power up the Uber app to give you their passenger code.