Illegal drop of in Taxi zones

Whirinaki

I'm finding that at times I have no choice but to set down passengers in taxi zones.
There are a few railway stations that come to mind and the Commonwealth Bank in the Sydney CBD.
Is this a potential problem or should I not worry about it?

Krusty

Anything go's when driving uber, throw that rule book out the window and make up your own rules, its uber fast and furious, survival of the stupidest, no holds barred out there on the mean streets, if you aren't pissing off taxi drivers to the point of them wanting to go on a jihad then you just aint doing it right and you should get the hell out of the way and leave it to the proffesionals, tickets and parking inspectors ffffttttt bring it on, you won't read my plate in a cloud of rubber smoke, eat retread losers ... hell yeah! :mad:

snert

...so what would you do if faced with that situation?
Just pick-up and drop-off your passengers in the safest place you can find, chances are you will not get a fine.
Lots of drivers on here have never been fined for illegal pick-up drop-offs, including me, so worry about it after it happens.

soontobeautomated

Stopping in a taxi zone is a reportable offence under P2P transport regulations. Two of them gets you booted from rideshare in NSW. Of course there are fines as well. So just don't get court.

Naturally, FUber expect you to know and follow all local laws and regulations. Just like they do :sneaky:

President

I'm finding that at times I have no choice but to set down passengers in taxi zones.
There are a few railway stations that come to mind and the Commonwealth Bank in the Sydney CBD.
It’s only a problem if you think it’s a problem. What is your mind saying?

ST DYMPHNA son

...Mate,if you ask uber about stopping in places where is illegal for you to stop as doing your "ubering",uber will tell you that as a holder of the current driving license in State of NSW you are expected to know Traffic Rules and Regulations...never forget it...you are on your own...100% responsibility ...

Tda85

I always drop people off in taxi zones, and usually I pull up in front of the taxi most at front, or anywhere there's a spot available.

I figure I'm in a safe place to pick up passangers, and it's safer and more legal than 80% of my other pick ups if I'm "technical", which is, let's face it, mostly anywhere outside the few times I'm careful of my surroundings and want to be safe to avoid any fines. Just use your discretion, and, just pull up in a taxi zone where you make sure the taxi sees you taking the fare / dropping them off.

I love looking in the rear view mirror at the cabbies face. I used to be cool with them, until one of them got in my car and heckled me by pretending to be a customer a few weeks ago. Since then I've lost respect for them, a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

Heisenberg 99.1%

Each time you do it is one time closer to getting booked. And you cause the stoopid pax to think its OK too and then they give me grief when I won't do it.
WAKE UP EVERYBODY WHO DOES THIS SH..,. Seriously if every driver refused to do the wrong thing then pax will eventually work it out but no, we keep bloody doing it and then we complain about it. Far out