• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I'll never understand people

Nathan Diaz

*I pull over, aligning rear door with the pax, as always
*my jacket on the front seat, as always
*sees my jacket on the front seat
*opens front door anyway
*asks: "Do you mind if I seat in the front?"

Do they think I'm going to say: "Yes, I do mind, please seat in the back"...?!

Subjugator

My favorite is 3 ppl in the back, 4th tries to get back there too. Then there is pool, let's get in and open the door where pax is at instead of just getting in the front.

Booberzz

Many pool riders pre-emptively get in the front now to avoid sitting with strangers in the back if additional riders are added. They want pool prices but not sitting with others cheaps ass. The stop request feature doesn't help cuz they don't know

tohunt4me

*opens front door anyway

Why was your front door unlocked ?

I almost prefer them up front....can keep an eye on them. :wink:
Easier to backhand them there.

Attachments

WMUber

Many pool riders pre-emptively get in the front now to avoid sitting with strangers in the back if additional riders are added. They want pool prices but not sitting with others cheaps ass. The stop request feature doesn't help cuz they don't know
IF you are going to pick up a Pool passenger...

Always pull up in such a way that the front door is blocked from opening. (Lamp post, newspaper vending machine, another car, mailbox, etc.)

The simplest solution is to simply not accept the Pool request.

Nathan Diaz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Always pull up in such a way that the front door is blocked from opening. (Lamp post, newspaper vending machine, another car, mailbox, etc.)

It was a UberX!! I could even understand it if it was pool and there was someone in the back... but hell uberx

Adieu

*opens front door anyway

In a sedan, I *WILL* say to kindly not sit behind me

Front door vs. Lamppost

....not liking those odds.

I had one pax that told me that they get car sick so they prefer to sit in the front.
Strangely that MIGHT be true...for higher center of gravity, longer wheelbase vehicles with more suspension travel

Had 1 puker in >2000 rides in slammed, low, short and harsh suspensioned bimmer

Had 4 pukers in like 300 rides in lifted, high up, long Expedition with lots of suspension travel

Seems like a bone-jarring suspension alleviates car sickness, but long suspension travel causes it... as to the front seat thing, makes sense if you consider the front door is really in the MIDDLE of the vehicle, with far less suspension travel than the rear seat, which is practically over the wheel well