• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I'll drive that 23 miles to get to the restaurant... yeah, right.

amazinghl

Since I don't care about guarantee rate or status, I accepted this offer so I can see exactly how far the distance is.

GrubHub wanted me to go to 23 miles to get to the restaurant to do $12 delivery. After I rejected this offer, another $13 offer popped up 4 miles away, which I accepted and delivered.

I'll continue to reject offer that doesn't make me money and walk away from restaurants that don't have food ready to go.

Screenshot_20190408-174911.png

Screenshot_20190408-174903.png

Last edited:

cangold

that’s the sane thing to do.. I only did GrubHub a couple of times, then I deleted the the app. Was just getting deliveries min 10 miles away.

blondebaedc

Since I don't care about guarantee rate or status, I accepted this offer so I can see exactly how far the distance is.

GrubHub wanted me to go to 23 miles to get to the restaurant to do $12 delivery. After I rejected this offer, another $13 offer popped up 4 miles away, which I accepted and delivered.

I'll continue to reject offer that doesn't make me money and walk away from restaurants that don't have food ready to go.
I started doing GrubHub yesterday and it was a lot less stressful than afternoon UberEATS orders. lol Everything was local (within the location boundary) and the fact that I could see the pick up and drop off ahead of time was a f-cking revelation. I did get to one restaurant, though, and they had not received the order from GH. I contacted the support person and they resent it, but in the meantime, the lady at the place was just reading the order off my phone. Overall, it worked out better than UberEATS, so I'll try it again this afternoon. I will say that they ping'd the crap out of me before I had even finished delivering orders -- like 3 new orders within 5 minutes and I hadn't dropped the one that I had in my car. That was a little annoying. The cow-bell needs to chill.

Reactions: dpv

N1526730

I started doing GrubHub yesterday and it was a lot less stressful than afternoon UberEATS orders. lol Everything was local (within the location boundary) and the fact that I could see the pick up and drop off ahead of time was a f-cking revelation. I did get to one restaurant, though, and they had not received the order from GH. I contacted the support person and they resent it, but in the meantime, the lady at the place was just reading the order off my phone. Overall, it worked out better than UberEATS, so I'll try it again this afternoon. I will say that they ping'd the crap out of me before I had even finished delivering orders -- like 3 new orders within 5 minutes and I hadn't dropped the one that I had in my car. That was a little annoying. The cow-bell needs to chill.
Do you have to sign up to work particular hours with GrubHub? Or can you turn it on and off as you like? I've been doing UberEats part-time for a month now, and I like it, but being able to see the drop off location ahead of time is a huge deal! I've been sent to no-mans-land more than a few times.

blondebaedc

You don't have to sign up for blocks in order to work. I wondered this myself and did some research, which basically told me that if you sign up for blocks you're prioritized for orders within that time period and eligible for their per hour guarantee as long as you accept 75% of the orders.

But you can also free-wheel it, like with UberEATS.

The ability to see locations for pick ups and drop offs (for me) is huge. I operate in the DC market and typically do runs in the 3:30-5:30pm time period. Rush hour is in full effect. Having to drive from Northern Virginia to downtown DC (even if its just 4-5 miles) can take up to an hour one way. Then I have to drive an hour to get back. It is way too stressful since I have to pick up my kid by 6pm.

I'm only 38 years old, so if GH can save me from having some type of stress induced stroke behind the wheel, its a win for me. 😉