Ignorance of Paxes

Canteev

I have a strange feeling that paxes aren't that aware of Shore pricing. I think many of them take an Uber to Red Bank, Asbury Park, Long Branch, and other hot spots based off the knowledge that they will pay the same amount of money to return home--I always wonder about the drivers who drive these paxes 40 miles for 25-30 dollars. I remember picking up three guys at 2:40 AM, and one hinting that I was a fool for driving them 45 minutes so late at noght(early morning if you want to be precise). I was laughing inside knowing that he was going fork $60 to Uber when he or one of his buddies only paid $30-35 for the original trip that was in a non-Shore region. I can't help but think these people coming from 30+ minutes away are surprised when they see that they have to pay almost twice getting back than they paid coming.

SurgeorSuckit

case in point.. a few months back I pick up 4 drunks (2 guys, 2 girls) from Porta at 2am on a 3x surge.. they were going to New Brunswick.. when I got them there finally (almost an hour ride) the pax who booked the ride starts flipping out when he looks at his phone and its over $200. He was telling me it wasn't nearly that much to get to AP.. I explained that
A: the rate from New Brunswick to AP was only .87 a mile..
B: The "Shore rate" starting in AP is $1.72 a mile - double what your rate from NB was..
C: You are on a 3x surge, which is basically 6x from where you started..
and finally D: Uber gave you an estimate before you accepted the ride, so you knew up front what the price was going to be. He of course is ranting that there was no estimate, blah blah..

they had no idea...

They had 2 more stops to make, which of course they didn't want now and wanted the ride to end there. The girlfriend then booked me right in the car at.87 rate, and the price showed up on the app, and the boyfriend still went with I didn't know, etc.. he did eventually apologize. All said and done I netted over $180 on those 2 rides..

Funny part was the girlfriend offered $100 to cover some of the cost, and he kept saying I'm not taking your money. At which she replied "then shut the hell up then!" LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

LEO2112

So I pick up this older guy (won't say "Gentleman" for reasons explained later in this rant) in Montclair the other day. He looks to be in his 50's or 60's and is well dressed and lives in a very large house in a nice part of town. He gets in and I see he is going to a "Gentlemen's" Club (Go Go) near the Meadowlands. He mentions he is divorced and, "Works on Wall St."
He goes on to say an "old friend (Dancer)" is working at this particular strip joint and wants him to come see her. We have a good chat about all the strip joints in the area and seem to bond a bit over it all. He mentions what a nice car I have and seems impressed with the ride.
Of course we get there and he jumps out offering no tip and runs into the Go Go.

It's incredible, here is this "Wall Street" big shot who lives in a huge house in Montclair running to throw how many countless singles & twenties at these hooers but can't scrounge up even a couple of bucks gratuity to his driver to help cover gas in his, "Nice Truck."

Wanted to strangle the old codger but that would violate Uber's Policy.

UberJoe427

So I pick up this older guy (won't say "Gentleman" for reasons explained later in this rant) in Montclair the other day. He looks to be in his 50's or 60's and is well dressed and lives in a very large house in a nice part of town. He gets in and I see he is going to a "Gentlemen's" Club (Go Go) near the Meadowlands. He mentions he is divorced and, "Works on Wall St."
He goes on to say an "old friend (Dancer)" is working at this particular strip joint and wants him to come see her. We have a good chat about all the strip joints in the area and seem to bond a bit over it all. He mentions what a nice car I have and seems impressed with the ride.
Of course we get there and he jumps out offering no tip and runs into the Go Go.

It's incredible, here is this "Wall Street" big shot who lives in a huge house in Montclair running to throw how many countless singles & twenties at these hooers but can't scrounge up even a couple of bucks gratuity to his driver to help cover gas in his, "Nice Truck."

Another fine example of the richest people do not tip.

LEO2112

Another fine example of the richest people do not tip.
Yup. As I stated many times before, I always get best tips from other service providers like bartenders & restaurant managers. Never anything from all the rich people who live in huge mansions in Short Hills who demand I lift all their ridiculously heavy bags out of my truck. The guys who claim the run, "Hedge Funds" seem to take particular delight in stiffing me.

elelegido

And around we go again.