If you're this guy, please stop...

Markeezee

IMG_7872.jpg
Seriously...stop. Just stop. Water. Mints. Foot massages....you're only reinforcing and encouraging these already self-entitled passengers and having the rest of us deal with them because you've incubated a belief that amenities are a norm...please just stop these free sh*t!

[Also posted this on the Los Angeles and Orange County city forum. Idiots like these need to stop being such tools and schills for Lyft...you're only harming other drivers and yourself on the long-term by continuing to breed more self-assuming and self-entitled passengers that a Lyft ride is ALL INCLUSIVE with other amenities....for $0.67 a mile/$0.11 a minute]

tohunt4me

View attachment 156468 Seriously...stop. Just stop. Water. Mints. Foot massages....you're only reinforcing and encouraging these already self-entitled passengers and having the rest of us deal with them because you've incubated a belief that amenities are a norm...please just stop these free sh*t!

[Also posted this on the Los Angeles and Orange County city forum. Idiots like these need to stop being such tools and schills for Lyft...you're only harming other drivers and yourself on the long-term by continuing to breed more self-assuming and self-entitled passengers that a Lyft ride is ALL INCLUSIVE with other amenities....for $0.67 a mile/$0.11 a minute]
If you are driving for 67 cents a mile,11 cents a minute
PLEASE STOP !

DrivingForYou

My Car is well equipped with car chargers, aux cord, candy, tissues, trash bag, and a welcome sign in multiple languages.

Water is dumb - there's no place to store extra bottles. Trunk space is for luggage. And carrying water isn't worth the cost.

Candy is cheap and a sugar hit makes people happy.

Over 1k rides, this is never changing.

If you wanna provide sub-par service and whine about "it's not fair", well frankly Scarlett I don't give a $&?!#%

New2This

At least in the lower end services especially. I'd like to know if any experienced drivers that have a couple thousand rides are giving away stuff. I seriously doubt it.

4000 rides between Uber and Lyft.

I get them safely from point A-B. I will give them great conversation but that's it. No candy, mints, water, or aux cord and never will. I do have an Iphone cable, courtesy of a drunk.

Other than that zip zero nada.

Raven087

My Car is well equipped with car chargers, aux cord, candy, tissues, trash bag, and a welcome sign in multiple languages.

Water is dumb - there's no place to store extra bottles. Trunk space is for luggage. And carrying water isn't worth the cost.

If you wanna provide sub-par service and whine about "it's not fair", well frankly Scarlett I don't give a $&?!#%

Candy is typically provided by child molesters.

Mista T

Author
Close to 7,000 rides on the two platforms.

charger and aux cord, if they ask nicely

no mints. No water. No bags of cereal (yes, you know who you are, lol)

I have an electronic hand held game that keeps kids occupied for 5-15 minutes, if need be

wont give out anything that could eventually make a mess in my car

good conversations. Respect for pax, even if my first impression of them is poor.

Ask about them, try to have an experience different from the same 6 questions that everyone gets and asks.

macchiato

I did this when I was new. Quickly learned that pax leave trash behind so never again. Sometimes they crack the water bottle, leave remained and still keep in back seat. Next pax wonders why my car is full of trash and rates me low.

Trump Economics

4000 rides between Uber and Lyft.

I get them safely from point A-B. I will give them great conversation but that's it. No candy, mints, water, or aux cord and never will. I do have an Iphone cable, courtesy of a drunk.

Other than that zip zero nada.
He said, "Courtesy of a drunk." LMao!!!

Aztek98

I have little cups in the pouch of the back of my seats. One has dum dums in it the other is for trash. I get like 300 dum dums for 6 bucks where I go. They have been a great conversation starter.

I have nothing else to offer but a clean efficienr ride and conversation if you want it.

5k rides and it's worked well.

New2This

He said, "Courtesy of a drunk." LMao!!!

Woman going to a hotel wanted to use my charger. My charger has multiple outlets. Plugged her cable in. She grabbed her phone and left when she got out. I didn't notice the cord until the next day. Too bad she was nice.

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

At least in the lower end services especially. I'd like to know if any experienced drivers that have a couple thousand rides are giving away stuff. I seriously doubt it.

I have a phone charger, tissues, trash bags and water in the trunk that I will break out if a passenger really needs it. I supervise loading and unloading of bags to make sure they don't damage my car and to collect cash tips. I have 5000 rides on Uber and 2500 on Lyft.

Safe_Driver_4_U

you have got to be joking! Do you even have a clue to how much liability you are taking on when you feed a total stranger? .....you just can't fix stupid.

I did this when I was new. Quickly learned that pax leave trash behind so never again. Sometimes they crack the water bottle, leave remained and still keep in back seat. Next pax wonders why my car is full of trash and rates me low.
real world, true experience. Those promoting idiotic behavior of feeding pax are probably U/L shills.

Tarrnation

You guys are a bunch of entitled @@@@s. Either that, or you simply don't know how to provide good customer service! My rating is and will always be above 4.9! No, I don't provide water (though I do keep a bottle in center console in case someone gets sick) but I do provide mints, candy, gum and even chocolate bars to my passengers that they happily PAY ME for! Some drunk idiot gets chocolate on the seat/floor? GOOD! I get paid way more than the effort it takes to clean it up! You're obviously not approaching this the right way if you think that you'll just be spending money with nothing in return. Learn how to hustle and quit complaining and being jealous of other drivers who work hard to provide good service to their customers!

ShinyAndChrome

I do all that and also when we go by McDonalds or Starbucks I always offer to buy them a coffee. I make sure not to buy myself one so they don't think I'm trying to make a trip on their dime. If i drop them at a movie theater I give them regal gift cards and mall gift cards if at a mall. It's really the least we can do.

You guys are a bunch of entitled ****s. Either that, or you simply don't know how to provide good customer service! My rating is and will always be above 4.9! No, I don't provide water (though I do keep a bottle in center console in case someone gets sick) but I do provide mints, candy, gum and even chocolate bars to my passengers that they happily PAY ME for! Some drunk idiot gets chocolate on the seat/floor? GOOD! I get paid way more than the effort it takes to clean it up! You're obviously not approaching this the right way if you think that you'll just be spending money with nothing in return. Learn how to hustle and quit complaining and being jealous of other drivers who work hard to provide good service to their customers!
In actual fact my pax get nothing and my rating is currently 4.96. I would definitely spend a few bucks on candy a week if I thought it helped but I'm not sure it does anything besides leave wrappers around. Actually I should start leaving candy in from one week on one off and them measure out my tips and see if there is anything to it. I wonder if anybody has bothered to do this and posted on these forums?

Tarrnation

You'll only be disappointed if you conduct a study with providing candy or not as the only factor. Most people could care less about the candy - it's the overall experience that matters. Providing candy is but one faucet of a multi-step approach! In other words, it's only there for the few who love it and to slightly improve how you're perceived by the rest. It's more about how you present it to them than anything. If you think that just providing candy to them (or not) is going to make any difference, you're only setting yourself up for failure.

empresstabitha

You guys are a bunch of entitled ****s. Either that, or you simply don't know how to provide good customer service! My rating is and will always be above 4.9! No, I don't provide water (though I do keep a bottle in center console in case someone gets sick) but I do provide mints, candy, gum and even chocolate bars to my passengers that they happily PAY ME for! Some drunk idiot gets chocolate on the seat/floor? GOOD! I get paid way more than the effort it takes to clean it up! You're obviously not approaching this the right way if you think that you'll just be spending money with nothing in return. Learn how to hustle and quit complaining and being jealous of other drivers who work hard to provide good service to their customers!
Ratings dont mean much as longbas its not in deactivation range. I've had my highest rating giving nothing but chargers. And my tips are always great.You do the extra and dent your earnings while the rest of us do the minimum and earn the same. That's your prerogative.

Tarrnation

Ratings dont mean much as longbas its not in deactivation range. I've had my highest rating giving nothing but chargers. And my tips are always great.You do the extra and dent your earnings while the rest of us do the minimum and earn the same. That's your prerogative.

You just don't get it - do you? There is no "dent" to speak of... only PROFIT! You're running a BUSINESS, start thinking like one!!! If providing extra amenities isn't turning a profit for you, get creative and think of ways to make it happen! Or you could just continue providing sub-par service and get paid peanuts for your efforts but that's your problem, not mine! :biggrin: